SolidWorks Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SolidWorks Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SolidWorks.

Interview

Two phone screens (one standard with questions such as "why do you want to leave your current job" and almost no technical questions, and one very technical, with a series of exercises to finish in a limited time). Then a day of on-site interviews with the prospective manager and other senior team members. The on-site interviews were all one-on-one and technical, mostly software related, with some geometry-related maths questions / brain-teasers. Be prepared for a long day.

Interview Questions

• Know your "basics" well: binary search trees, other classic data structures and algorithms - par for the course in software companies. Also know C++ well. There are extra geometry questions: given a point and a polygon in a plane, devise an algorithm to check if the point is inside the polygon.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real room for negotiation in my experience.

Other Interview Reviews for SolidWorks

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SolidWorks (Waltham, MA) in August 2011.

Interview

Impressive company. Had a very pleasant interview experience. Was interview by 10 people and it was a whole day affair. Questions were fairly easy. Be prepared to explain work work in detail and convince people that you have actually worked on the technology mentioned in your resume. The people are great, work is awesome and the office environment is mind blowing. There aren't many office where people have their own cozy cabins and pool tables....

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer Solidworks made matched my expectations and the benefits were good so I accepted the offer without hesitation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SolidWorks in January 2009.

Interview

It was a long day. There were more than 10 people who either interviewed and talked to me. Some questions were really hard to answer in such a short time. But most of them were easy to handle. And the over all experience was a pleasure.

Interview Questions

• why do you apply this position   1 Answer

Negotiation

salaries, stock options