Solutia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Solutia Interview Questions

2.7

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Solutia.

Interview

Interviewed by phone and then 2 and 1/2 hours with several people in customer service.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate salary, no benefits

Lab Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solutia.

Interview

Starts with a phone interview, then a tour of the facility and a qualification test. After this, it moves to a panel interview with behavioral based questions, and then a possible offer if you're a good fit.

Interview Questions

• The behavioral based questions are very vague and don't apply to the work.   Answer Question

Transportation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Solutia (Springfield, MA) in August 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed for 4 rounds and then got a reject. First round is HR, Tech. Manager phone round and then they called me for onsite. After that there is a Skype interview with a manager from EU. I thought that's the end. But finally they asked me to submit a behavioral test.

I guess my rejection is due to the VISA problem I had. Good luck with the interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing as such. Just be prepare your self for the Technical and Behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Solutia (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied online for this position which was a temporary position that was only for 7 months. The HR representative who called asked me various introductory questions. She seemed very impressed with my knowledge of the company. I asked when to expect a reply and the HR representative said next week. Instead, it was the next day and I got the e-mail stating that I got rejected.

Master Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Solutia (Springfield, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone interview was easy, but the panel interview was the toughest one. All behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• mistakes in the past, team work example, previous projects, etc   Answer Question

QC Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solutia (Springfield, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was first contacted by HR personnel in order to set up an interview with two company members who were the head of the department that was hiring (chemistry labs). It was a phone interview that lasted 30 minutes where 1) the job was explained to me in much greater detail than was in the initial job posting and 2) I was asked to talk about my prior experience/background. At the end I was told that I would be notified within a week with either a rejection or I would be asked to come into their location to take a written test. I was not asked to the second round.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you've been headstrong to a fault.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solutia (Springfield, MA) in May 2011.

Interview

The phone interview was used to determine my careers goals and why I wanted to work for the company.

The group interview was with 3 supervisors, each had an opening. This was a behavioral interview for the most part.

Interview Questions

• Why is a manhole cover round   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating

Insurance Follow Up Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I interviewed at Solutia (Norcross, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

process was very casual. Manager called to set up an interview. The interview was more of a causal conversation among friends rather than a question/answer session. Prompt response on offer. There was no waiting game. Job offer was made the next day.

Credit Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Solutia in January 2009.

Interview

The interview process at Solutia was similar to processes at other employers. An initial phone interview to determine what experience you have and whether it would fit the job description. Then a face to face to determine if the personality and skills match those of the company. Given my first face to face interview was with a four person panel, I did not have a second interview, but I do know of some people within the company who did.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with happenings in your field? While it is a great question, I have never had it asked of me previously so it took me by surprise.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Solutia in May 2010.

Interview

Easy process. Interviewed by 7 different people. Behavioral