Solvay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Solvay Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.8

Payroll Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Solvay.

Interview

I was first taken to HR. I met with a woman who was very very rude. She appeared too busy and not interested in the least. She asked me questions, and at one point rolled her eyes at my response. Next, I was taken to the Payroll Manager. This turned out to be even worse. I could not understand him at all. Very broken English.....horrible when you have to ask the interviewer to repeat and repeat his questions to the point where he would point to and show me examples of what he wanted. Worst interview experience I have ever had.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solvay.

Interview

very easy going process. 2 managers and then some one on one. mostly behavrional questions. no technical questions. manager was very nice. i think other manger was rude but oh well

CE Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Solvay in April 2017.

Interview

Applied through website and the process took 5 days. I had two phone interviews. The interviewers were really friendly. The first interview took 1 hr and the second one only 30 minutes.

CONTROL Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Solvay (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

Two Team Leaders asked questions about skills and abilities and the need to work safely. Stressed that it was necessary to work long hours (consecutive 12 hour shifts) and the need to remain standing most of the time. they also discussed the potential chemical and reaction hazards. Very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Ability to work up to 60 hours a week, stand for long periods of time, work safely?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Solvay (New York, NY).

Interview

It was an informal interview discussing my background in my degree, why I wanted to apply to the company, followed by my personal interests to assess for suitability. The interviewer also gave a brief overview of what the internship would entail. Overall a pleasant process.

Manufacting Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Solvay.

Interview

You will be intviewed by 2or more people. They will give you there view of the company. Kinda informal. I thought it was nerve racking do to the room and so many people

Interview Questions

• What would make you a good employee   1 Answer

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Solvay (Greenville, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with 3 different pairs of interviewers and had one person tour me around the facility for about an hour. Made me wear tons of PPE for the tour but I noticed that none of the operators had on what I was instructed to wear. I couldn't tell if this was blatant disregard for safety or just a test to see how gullible I was? The first pair of interviewers was supposed to be HR but they left the building for a 2 hour long lunch break just when I arrived for my interview and I did not get to meet with them until the very end. The next pair of interviewers was who I assumed to be my potential immediate supervisors. They had a bad cop/good cop routine that was a little intimidating. I was then taken on my tour of the facility and after met with 2 senior technical members of the company who asked questions concerning my technical knowledge and critical thinking. One of them had such a thick accent I couldn't understand what he was asking and I stumbled all through this portion of the interview.

Interview Questions

• - What would your current boss say is your biggest weakness?
      - How do you deal with conflict?
      - What does a stress-strain diagram look like?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Solvay (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, had to reschedule a few times on their end, but phone interviews with recruiter and department manager of the local office. Didn't proceed past the phone interview. Waited a number of weeks of set up.

Interview Questions

• overall sales experience, wanted examples of wins, experience, customer diversity, etc   1 Answer

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winder, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Solvay (Winder, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and reached out to the recruiter through LinkedIn. Recruiter was nice enough to give me a chance and look at my resume although I was slightly short of the required experience.

He decided to call me for an Indian phone screening. Great experience and was able to answer all questions related to my previous work experience. He referred me to the hiring manager for a full phone interview.

After a lengthy phone interview with the Reliability Manager which was laid back and more getting to know me, he invited me for an on site interview and plant tour.

Was interviewed all morning in three one hour interviews with 4 different people (maintenance manager, maintenance supervisor, reliability engineer and plant manager). Plant tour was provided by the reliability engineer and planner/scheduler. Fantastic overall experience and they answered any and all questions that I had.

They took me to lunch and allowed me to stay back to ask any further questions that I had. They were thorough in getting to know me and also allowed for me to thorough to get to know them. Was never intimidating and instead laid back despite the many technical and behavioural questions.

Last step was a phone interview with the HR manager who made sure that this was what I wanted and that I would be a good fit. Another great experience.

Before the offer was made, the HR manager and hiring manager called to explain the hiring process and different background and health checkups that I would need. They also explained the training process in the first few months and the program they set up for me. I have never been through such a personalized, accommodating and considerate hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had a problem and how you came up with an innovative solution to solve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me above and beyond the average salary of my experience and skill set. Did not negotiate the salary as they were generous and a great team and company to work for.

EHS Data Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Solvay (Princeton, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

pretty standard process, phone screen and then in person interview. heard back from them in 3 days. the interview was average not tough, just standard questions on industry regulations. However the job description and the job discussed in interview was deceptive. the Job didn't have a constant work load and so it was hard to find work after 4 months into the position.

Interview Questions

• Questions about industry rules and regulations like FDA, ECHA, DOT, etc   Answer Question