Sonos Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sonos Interview Questions

Interviews at Sonos

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Interview

Straightforward interview. The recruiters and HR kept in touch regularly to update the progress post interview and would respond back to any emails you send to them if you have questions.

Interview Questions

• General programming questions and questions about why you think you're a good fit for the job as well as about previous projects. Then a video call live coding question to remove duplicates in list using any preferred language.   Answer Question

Interview

Pretty straightforward interview process that lasted a bit longer than expected. Most of the time was spent speaking to different teams that had openings for similar roles. The main differences were in the areas of technical expertise. A few screener video calls then a final round in person that took a full day.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a string in different languages. How do you think X feature in our products work?   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sonos (Santa Monica, CA) in November 2020.

Interview

1. Interviewing with sonos team was a good experience overall. team went through the requirements of the position, checked on my experience as a SDET, technical round was oriented towards automation framework questions and its process.
    2. had one coding round with a mid level DS & algo question and was expected to run it and test the code
    3. email communication was on point until the interview series was over. Has been a week since completing the interviews and haven't got back a rejection email. It takes 5 mins to inform the candidate that they are moving on with another candidate. GHOSTING A CANDIDATE AFTER SPENDING 5 HOURS with the candidate is very UNPROFESSIONAL. A simple rejection email is all required by HR

Interview Questions

Interview

I was offered a position at Sonos after completing a summer internship, for which there were three rounds of interviews. An initial coding screen, a more in-depth coding interview, and a presentation on a personal or school project.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sonos in February 2020.

Interview

I applied online. They contacted me the next day to arrange an interview. I got a Zoom call with a senior software engineer for a 45 minutes call (behavior + coding). Then they contact me the following week with a hiring manager.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sonos (New York, NY) in November 2019.

Interview

Initial communication was quick. After the initial HR call, 2 rounds of video call that went quite well. Asked about past experience, I had 12 year's expertise so had good discussion.

NO COMMUNICATION AFTER THAT, NOT EVEN A YES OR NO.

After following up with the HR, I was told that he'll get back to me.

It's been 4 months and no communication whatsoever!

MUCH PROFESSIONALISM!

Interview Questions

• What data formats have you worked on, any scripting experience, what different sources have you worked with,etc   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sonos (Seattle, WA) in November 2019.

Interview

Two phone screens, one with online coding questions. On-site interview with mix of coding and general questions.

Everyone was very cordial and respectful. Recruiter was amazing and kept me informed at every stage.

The interview process, however, did not move quickly.

Senior BSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sonos (Boston, MA) in October 2019.

Interview

Interviewers started with introducing themselves and talking about the company and the role they are hiring for doing a great job of putting interviewee at ease and transitioning into more interview related questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions relating to previous projects and roles   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sonos (Boston, MA) in September 2019.

Interview

The interview process was fantastic from the time they made initial contact. The H.R. team was friendly, warm, professional and efficient. They had found my profile on LinkedIn and approached regarding several open positions. Considering that the hiring process is typically long, drawn out and often goes extended times with radio silence ...... this was not the process at Sonos. From the initial contact they stayed in constant communication. I heard from them every week via email or phone. Companies need to perform their due diligence to ensure they hire the best candidate. They always stayed in contact informing me of the next step (even though they were, as they should, interviewing other candidates). Like any candidate, I wasn't sure if I would get the job, but regardless they kept me in the loop and let me know that I was in the running. The emails and video conference interviews were warm and friendly. This is a great place to work so they have a lot of applicants. Regardless they always made sure to keep me advised of status. It took a few weeks to get an on-site interview, but once I was on-site my desire to land the position increased by a factor of 3x. You could feel the great culture and the buzz of activity. Cool products and cutting edge technology that is significant and brings great joy to users and owners of Sonos products. The interview was very fair but on a few occasions challenging. I met many key people from the product design group. They were all friendly but it was obvious that they were all also very intelligent. It is their job to figure out the scope of your capabilities as well as your true interest in working for the organization. I interviewed with many different key players in Engineering. This meant a lot of questions across a large range of subjects. You don't have to know everything, just be able to discuss your perspectives and experiences. Just be honest and sincere. No matter where you interview you should always be prepared to discuss your accomplishments, experience and how you handled various work challenges. If you stumble during a specific topic the Sonos interviewers are patient and will help you through it by turning it into a discussion rather than a test.

Interview Questions

• They asked a very broad range of technical questions. Considering the positions I was interviewing for that is exactly what they should have been doing. Just come prepared to let them know about and explain work experiences that you are proud of. Provide examples of engineering challenges and how you (or a team you worked on resolved it).   1 Answer

Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sonos (Santa Barbara, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward and streamlined. The conversation was clearly taken from the standpoint of assessing me for the role as well as whether the company was the right fit for me.

Interview Questions

• How I can bring my prior experiences to the role to help the organization continue to grow.   1 Answer