Sound Publishing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sound Publishing

Creative Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sound Publishing (Everett, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Very laid back soft spoken Creative Director showed what the company does. They do remote setup of catalogs and create advertisements for these catalogs. many creative personnel work together and one sets up entire catalog while taking ads from the other creatives to put into the layouts. Then applicant proceeded to show the works completed to demonstrate abilities. Employment requires background check and references emails.

Interview Questions

• Looks like you have worked in various areas in the industry, tell me about that?   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sound Publishing (Bellevue, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

AWESOME.. these guys really care about the communites they serve and each other.. LOVE IT. Applied online... phone interview and personal interview.. offer negotation.. offer letter.
    Very easy to talk with the regional manager, Jim Gatens and publisher Bill Shaw.. I WOULD HIGHLY recommend working for these guys

Interview Questions

• Share your community experience and ideas on building stronger community   Answer Question

Creative Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sound Publishing in March 2016.

Interview

You'll introduce yourself to the Creative Lead who will be your direct supervisor, then proceed upstairs with her and the Publisher/Department Head (Keven Graves, very friendly man). Afterwords, you will be required to take an InDesign Test to test your skills with the main software you'll be using.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of our paper?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sound Publishing in May 2015.

Interview

Easy, they need people all of the time. Read your contract, they are clever at not honoring it. Once they recruit you, nothing they lead you to believe will be true.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sound Publishing (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

They contacted me for an interview, and we scheduled it for the day after. They asked me to bring in a print portfolio of my work. It seemed to go well--they asked about work experience, what I was looking to do, and explained the position thoroughly. They told me they would be in touch. Months later, and I still haven't heard back from them.

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sound Publishing (Renton, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was done in-person with the editor of the paper. It was done very professionally. What they presented about the job is pretty much how I encountered it when I was hired. They didn't hide the fact that it was a low-paid position and there weren't many avenues for advancement. They did get back to me right away after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sound Publishing?
      What is your writing style?
      How do you organize yourself?   Answer Question

Reporter Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sound Publishing in March 2010.

Interview

If you're a decent employee, you'll get the job.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about the city?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Get as much as you can, because you won't be getting a raise.