Sourcebits Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sourcebits Technologies Interview Questions

2.8

Manager Interview

Interview

Very informal, met with a variety of people that seemed unprepared to interview. Lot of questions about personal background and successes.

Negotiation

Horrible. Since I didn't accept on the spot, they wanted to reduce my salary due to "lack of commitment".

Javascript Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies.

Interview

I applied for the position through the SourceBits website and got an email a couple days later from the head of the branch (and partner) closest to me to come by to chat. It was a pretty normal initial interview.

A week or so went and I followed back up with the CEO of the company and he informed me someone would get back to me for a second interview.

I got an email that day and we set up a time to talk. Well a talk really just meant a Skype Chat, not even a Skype Voice chat, which I thought was weird.

So that day comes and the developer I was interviewing with knew I was primarily focused on Frontend technologies but the first question he asks me is if I know Rails and how do I do something in ERB. I make a guess at it because it's been some time since I've worked on a rails app. Then he pulls up the app that I worked on at my previous job and starts scrutinizing things he thinks is wrong. I hadn't touched the codebase he was looking at in over 3 months and expected to give me detailed answers of why something wasn't the way he thought it should be.

During my explanation he tells me he has to go in 5 minutes, so I quickly tried to explain. The conversation ends with me sharing a repo on github of something that I worked on. He says he's going to look at it and share with the team. I get an email 2 hours later restating that he's going to share the work and notes with his team. Another 15 mins go by and he tells me that they aren't interested moving forward.

So I applied for a JavaScript Engineer position and was asked 0 questions about javascript. I think that speaks volumes to my interview experience and the lack of organization on SourceBits behalf.

Interview Questions

• Not one question about javascript for a javascript engineer position   Answer Question

Senior Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indi, Karnataka (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies (Indi, Karnataka (India)).

Interview

Aptitude and test. Both online. After that one technical, managerial and HR All roundrounds are simple. Providing feedback In a week time itself. No much questions about expectations if we perform well in interviews. It seems they will take on-board if the candidates are below average, they are trying to get someone, not looking at the quality of individual. There people in those who even don't know how to unlock install an app from iOS. But still the they are in development/testing

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

I have applied for Software engineer (ios developer) in source bit , they have conducted 5 round , telephonic , system test , face to face , manager round , hr discussion ... Finally they have not selected me because of manager .

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies (Hyderabad (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

Pathetic. They don't even know for which position and technology they are going to hire. After completion of 6th round ,they told me that sorry, you are iOS application developer but they are looking for Mac OSX application developer. How come? After 6th round ?

Interview Questions

• Question related to Core data, API integration and custom UI.   1 Answer

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

3 Rounds
    1) Machine
    2)Technical About Projects
    3) Technical About ARC/MRC and fundamental concepts

In Machine You need to build a scenario for sign up screen (fname, Lname, USerid, Email, Current location, dob, etc in table view. in One hour does not matter even if you dont complete it )

2nd scenario was about download 200 images using NSoperation

Interview Questions

• How to achieve decoupling ?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

Had the initial round of discussion with a Senior Manager. It was for the role of Product Manager. The interview was a in-person one which went around for 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly based around the role played by me as Project Manager earlier. How many associates were reporting to me? How was the onsite-offshore model handled? How was the release planning done? Standard questions nothing much different.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

Very Bad Bad Experience.

I went for interview on working day after taking leave.
    First time in my life i have given 5 round
    1) Aptitude & reasoning(30 min)
    2) Machine Round ( 2hr)
    3) Technical round I (1.5 hour)
    4) Technical round II (1 hour)
    5) Managerial round II (45 min)

So it took whole day because i had to wait minimum 1hr between each round. Just because very silly reason that Panel is busy.
    But spending time was not a big issue for me.

In Managerial , they discuss what i have to do and how soon i can join.
    Finally Hr told me that i am selected at 7Pm in evening. Rest HR discussion would be telephony.
    Happily i went back to my room.

Now story begin here.
    Another day i waited for call from HR. But no call next 3 days.
    Finally i got call after 4 day from HR. And what he said , it surprised me.
    HR said, i need to one more round at client place, i.e Samsung on week days only.
    Again i took one day leave and went for client round. And by the grace of God i also cleared Client round.

Finally HR told me that Sourcebit will give me 30% hike on my salary , thats what it was my expected salary but no joining bonus.
    But still i was happy that i got selected after giving so many round. Because all round was very tuff.
    Everything was decided, date of joining was finalised.

But but but..
    What they did next , it was very weird. After all discussion , next day they started bargaining on salary again.
    I was surprised because everything was finalised and they started again negotiation. Giving such a silly reason that they don’t have any variable and all.
    And at last they came told me join on my current package only. This was very much un-professional from sourcebit.
    We should not go for this kind of company. Even employee who they working , they are not happy with company.

Architect Interview

Interview

Interview process and the respect shown was really good. The process is explained clearly and people who took the technical interview seems well hands on. Follow up and guidance was really good.

Interview Questions

• Case study, and normal technical questions on particular field or technology   Answer Question

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sourcebits Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview is waste. For 12+ also they will ask to attend aptitude test. Then system test/case study, that too error free. They will give a whole 1 week task to work on in 1 hr of time. For case study they will not give any explanations to the candidate, simply some crack person will say case is not through. They will never fill the left out vacancies. The employees of that company itself working against recruitment.