Sourcefire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sourcefire Interview Questions

3.1

Research Engineer Interview

Interview

The entire process was unorganized and a few people did not show. The interviewers used every curse word imaginable. They used disguised insults, as well. They totally wasted my time. They spoke highly of their reputation because they are now a part of Cisco. However, this is the way that they conduct business.

Interview Questions

• Brush up on IP Fragmentation and IDS Evasion techniques.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sourcefire (Columbia, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

I took take-home test first which is basically c programming problems and network related conceptions. Then I went to Columbia for onsite. There were 4 rounds. They recommended to use C in interview but not required. The problems were not hard but they might comp up with some follow-ups regarding OS or network.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a string, find IP address, reverse linked list etc   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sourcefire (Columbia, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied a couple months back and got an email for phone screen. I was phone screen by the hire manager and interview process really quick. From phone screen to on site interview within 2 weeks. And the interview question is pretty technical .

QA Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sourcefire (Columbia, MD).

Interview

I applied in April 2014 through HR who forwarded my resume to the QA manager. I was interviewed on phone by three people who were the experts on the team. The next day I received an email inviting me for onsite interview in the following week. Was informed about the decision the next week. The process took less than three weeks from receiving an email for a phone interview to being hired.interview was very long. Do not expect it to be easy for interns or more about your resume. They care about what they need not what you know.

Interview Questions

• Secured login to remote machine, grep command, if config, how to set an ip address for a machine   Answer Question
    • What is next generation firewall, ips, ids, sip protocol, rtp, threeway handhshake.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Interview

Long. Very Challenging. Ranging from Highly Technical to Culture Fit. I loved every single second of it.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sourcefire (Columbia, MD).

Interview

A recruiter sent me an email out of no where asking if I would like to join the company. I replied saying I was interested, and the recruiter called a couple minutes later for a phone interview. After that, I had to take a half day from my then-job in order to do an interview there. The interview was about 3 hours long, with all of management. 3 consecutive interviews, leading up to the director of the department. 48 hours later, I was given an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• You must know the functions of each of the OSI layers. Also, they are going to drill your knowledge of linux commands. You don't have to know them all, but you must know your basics and some advanced things.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me the highest pay for the position and stock option.

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sourcefire (Columbia, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

Get phone interview from sourcefire, mainly questioned on network knowledge, like TCP/IP, ARP. Then some questions on linux, basic commands, vi editors

Interview Questions

• Very Detailed in Linux. The network part is general, but the linux is very detailed questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sourcefire (Columbia, MD) in February 2013.

Interview

Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn. Interview with hiring manager was informative and went 5 min over scheduled time. Manager mentioned getting additional interviews scheduled. Recruiter said she'd be in touch with feedback. Neither happened, despite follow-up emails to recruiter and hiring manager. Several weeks later, received form rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager was very keen on Boy Scouts or Eagle Scouts code of conduct or some such thing.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sourcefire (Columbia, MD) in January 2012.

Interview

6 engineers from different teams UI/Database/snort/networking/support/maintenance asked to write code, asked language and data structure questions. Asked general networking questions, knowledge of protocols. Schedule preference, desired level of involvement in customer issues.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sourcefire (Columbia, MD) in December 2011.

Interview

Thorough and informative. They want to make sure you are not only qualified for the position but fit into the culture as well.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important position to your career at your current place of employment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is an option. Simply prioritize your offer components and if there is a deal breaker be sure to justify it and they will consider it.