Sourcetoad Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sourcetoad

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sourcetoad (Tampa, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

After submitting the online form consisting of basic resume questions, I was contacting by Sourcetoad not more than 48 hours later with a link to take an online PHP test. This was not a right/wrong test, but free text boxes over some common PHP questions anyone would encounter working in the field before or would most likely know if they worked in PHP in any hobby project sense.

After completing the online test, I was contacted a few days later again for a more in depth phone call to see if I was able to come into the office for a half day interview. The interview started off in the conference room with some of the senior staff and turned into just explaining some of the projects found in my portfolio (GitHub). The interview went well spending a half a day with the team allowing myself to sit down with the current employees and ask questions. Lunch was provided to spend time with the group outside the setting of the office.

While there, a laptop was provided to take a 3 question test. These questions went from easy to hard to gauge the knowledge of PHP and I'm sure is slightly different among the different languages. It was slightly nerve racking working on a live environment on technology and IDEs that I was not used too, however the first two questions were very easy to answer and write snippets of code to resolve. The 3rd question stumped me, which I learned after being hired was used to help determine senior vs regular software engineer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Define the cache system to serve the most users on a small server?   1 Answer
    • Q: Write the code to sort this multi depth array on any key value provided   1 Answer

Front-End Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sourcetoad (Tampa, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was short and sweet. I was interviewed at a time when Sourcetoad was still fairly small in regards to number of employees. I believe I was the 6th employee. My interview was for an internship position, so, hardened skill set was not a focus point of the interview. This interview was more focused on my personal ability to learn and grow, how well I worked with others, my past experiences in related fields, and whether or not I had any formal education.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was a bit of a time period where I had to follow-up via email and phone quite often until I was finally given a chance.