Southwest Ambulance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwest Ambulance Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Southwest Ambulance

EMT-B Interview

Interview

Interview by 3 current staff members. I Had to present all state documents required and participate in many scenario questions that were patient care and skills related. Overall it was about 45 minutes long

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your past experience and where you went to school   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Southwest Ambulance (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

I went to school and got my emt b. I applied and applied for months and got no response. I found out I actually had a friend of a friend who worked the front desk. Once I told them this person was a friend, I got the interview and hired within 3 days. Now days it seems they will hire anybody who walks through the door with a pulse.

Interview Questions

• They asked a few scenario based questions. And a couple about how to deal with a bad co worker and manager   Answer Question

Negotiation

Their was no negotiation. It was do you want it or not. I never even found out what I made till i started working.

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Ambulance (Mesa, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

6-7 quick questions including a scenario. Basically if you get interviewed you are hired. Hard part is getting an interview, no rhyme or reason as to who gets one and who doesn't. Some people apply for two years to get one, some people apply 1 time and get interviewed. Sit down, 1-on-1 interview with a supervisor. Nothing scary.

Interview Questions

• Scenario-based EMT-B question.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Ambulance (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

The interview was short and to the point, testing was easy and relevant. Unfortunately for me the position was offered, then when I called in for information that I had not received via email the response was that they had given my position away. I did ask why and HR's response was it was because we did not have your required information. My response was - you mean the information that I copied and hand delivered 3 times to ---------. HR response - well we didn't have it so we gave your position away. I said - You couldn't call and ask for it again. HR response - we didn't have it - so we just called another person.

I was able to gain employment three months later after I retested and handed in all my personal information again for the second to last time. (On round two I was given the medic test which I missed by one question and was denied employment until they looked into it. Never apologized - just said - if you wan the job its yours! This is your chance!)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it!

EMT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southwest Ambulance (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

Training director interviewed me alone, asked me a few basic EMT type of questions and said you're hired. Be here in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• I was expecting a panel of people but only got one person. And the questions he asked, were simple medical question right from the EMT test.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation were allowed, it was take it or leave it !!

Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Southwest Ambulance (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

Took several phone calls to Southwest Ambulance before getting an interview. The interview was professional but had the feeling that it was considered "be thankful we're giving you the opportunity to interview/work for us" rather than "welcome to your interview process...show what you can bring to the table to make our company better" Took a couple weeks to find out that I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It's a "take it, or leave it" type of business.

EMT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southwest Ambulance (Mesa, AZ) in June 2011.

Interview

Several hundred people showed up to interview. Something like 40 EMTs and 40 paramedics were hired.

Interview Questions

• If your partner is responding to an EMS call and driving like a butthead, what should you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. Take it or leave it.

Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Southwest Ambulance (Mesa, AZ) in April 2011.

Interview

Fairly easy, professional.

Interview Questions

• Trick question about getting dual assignments in a mass casualty situation.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation. take it or leave it.

ATS Driver for Red Van Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southwest Ambulance (Mesa, AZ) in April 2010.

Interview

These people like to hire on a who you know biases first. So if you know of a friend or relative that works for them, then you might have a leg up from the next guy in line for the job.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the exact question, but situational questions on how you have handled or would handle a situation were real big with these guys.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you're a newcomer, do not negotiate your wage.