Sovrn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sovrn

2.6

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sovrn.

Interview

Hiring department was very responsive and made the interview process easy and painless. Initial phone screen interviews followed by onsite interview. Onsite interview was much more of a conversation of technical skill set with some white boarding questions.

Interview Questions

• Many different questions about Java and language specifics   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sovrn (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Two phone discussions with in house technical recruiter, phone interview with senior developer - cultural fit, some technical questions, in person interview: two technical interviews with two senior level engineers and then a one on one with a director of engineering.

Interview Questions

• Implement Map Reduce   Answer Question
    • Javascript: currying, functional programming, recursion (tail call optimization techniques, trampoline, partial application, etc...)   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sovrn (Boulder, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

First Phone interview, asked basic java questions , database questions.
    Discussed about their new big data stack.
    Called onsite next week.
     Most questions were related to multi threading . Some design pattern related , some questions related to singleton.

Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sovrn (Denver, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

Probably it's the worst interview experience I've ever had. The recruiter was unprofessional, because: 1. she didn't even know what position I applied for and nearly scheduled a wrong person for me to talk to for the second round phone interview; 2. the hiring process was extremely long and it took two weeks to complete two phone interviews. 3. She didn't fully understand how different teams work for each other.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sovrn.

Interview

I had one phone interview. I followed up after with a thank you note, but never heard from anyone again. I followed up a couple times after and still no response. As a Recruiter, I find it very disheartening to ignore a candidate even when they are not being considered. My recommendation to the company is create a solid follow-up process with candidates moving forward. Unfortunately, I have a negative view of this organization as a result of my experience. A simple regret letter would have been acceptable.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sovrn (Boulder, CO) in April 2018.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me by Linkedin, connect by phone and talked to me about the position. Asked great questions around what I was looking for in my next opportunity to see if there was a fit. Moved on to meet with the hiring manager. More in depth, more digging in on my tactical and strategic abilities. Brought in for a final round interview, meet with tech and non tech interview team.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your recruiting process? What would you improve?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sovrn (Boulder, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward - managers are looking for salespeople and hustlers to sell digital products to websites . If you have sales experience you're more or less a shoe in if you have strong phone and email skills. Would highly recommend doing research on the industry before the first interview as it will give you a big leg up.

Data Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sovrn (Boulder, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by phone by a member of the people team to talk about education and current employment status. Phone interview was then set up with the head of the Data Science team. Talked about education and experience with Python and SQL as well as real-time data architectures. Was asked what I was hoping to get out of the internship.
    Then, an in-person tour and interview was set up on location during which I was asked questions by all members of the team and had a chance to ask about the industry and the specific role. After that session, communication continued with the head of the Data Science team and an offer was sent by email. All told, the process took 10 days.

Interview Questions

• What are the four key words used in SQL queries?   1 Answer

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sovrn (Boulder, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

Very friendly in general. Started with a phone screen followed by another phone with the hiring manager. The in person interview was in split to 4 groups. First with the hiring manager. Then with the team members and architects. The last interview was with the HR director. Very friendly environment.

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sovrn.

Interview

Awesome and super casual. They have an amazing new building. A phone interview and an in-person interview and the in person interview was very relaxed. Met with three people and have half an hour interviews. They told me a lot about the position which was awesome.