Sovrn Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 73 reviews

3.3
Sovrn CEO Walter Knapp
Walter Knapp
Pros
  • "Unlimited PTO, health benefits at no cost to the employee, great office space and free snacks(in 9 reviews)

• "The work/life balance is also the best I've ever experienced(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "The people team has directly contributed to the fall of the company(in 5 reviews)

• "I think this is a general tech industry complaint, but this is my first tech job and things move so fast that it is hard to keep up(in 5 reviews)

1. "Cutting Edge Tech, Incredible Culture and Overall Best Place to Work!!!"

I have been working at Sovrn full-time for less than a year

Pros

Positive environment, career development opportunities, diverse and inclusive workforce, team mentality, transparent and real. Flexible,unlimited PTO, decent benefits, great salary structure. Defined career paths, weekly 1:1 with manager. I had an incredible experience with the recruitment team. Excellent communication and very comfortable interview process. Onboarding is top notch. They really provide many opportunities...

Cons

To be honest I don’t have any. I guess they could have childcare, a gym, and allow dogs at work if you’re trying to create the perfect company ;) But they truly offer so much already. I came from the public sector (govt) and this is a big change, all for the better.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing. Stay transparent and honest. I love how it’s an open door atmosphere where people can voice their ideas and have an impact on the company. Make sure you hold on and tend to the current company culture. It’s amazing! You’ve created a wonderful place to work, where employees are truly valued. Don’t change that!

Sovrn2019-05-27

"Fun Place To Work"

Former Employee - Support Engineer in Boulder, CO

I worked at Sovrn full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Flexible work environment - Cool people to work with - Fun environment was fueled by hard-worker HR team - My dep't had great leadership that fit well with culture, tight-knit crew - CEO up front and engaged, some felt abrasive but after previous experience I found it refreshing

Cons

- Some negativity due to turnover as a result of multiple variables - Certain leadership in other dep'ts did not always fit with culture

Advice to Management

Acquire IP by developing unique tech in the market so you can focus on a narrower technical scope while still pleasing investors. "Stake your claim" instead of just marketing to the masses.

Sovrn2019-04-16

"Good company & good people"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Sovrn full-time for less than a year

Pros

Newest tech stacks, diverse peers, great benefits, beautiful Boulder office

Cons

No dog office, bonus structure isn't the best

Sovrn2019-03-29

"Great people, great culture"

Current Employee - Engineer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Sovrn full-time for less than a year

Pros

Constantly learning in an ever-changing industry, great benefits, smart people, transparent management, work-life balance, food/snacks, location, beautiful office

Cons

Dialogue between departments and teams can lack at times, leading to confusion on the state of some products/services. This, at times, can be expected at any company, however, given the convoluted Ad Tech industry, needs to be mitigated.

Advice to Management

Stick to the core values/principles that the company was founded on as we grow. That seems to be a rarity in the tech world and it would be great to be a part of one of the few companies that can say they've stuck to their guns.

Sovrn2019-03-29

"Exciting, Interesting and Joyful"

Current Employee - Senior Leadership in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Sovrn full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing culture, smart people, beautiful office and interesting, challenging problems to work through

Cons

Frenetic/chaotic industry, can be confusing at times

Advice to Management

Keep it up. The new leaders and current direction are a perfect combination.

Sovrn2019-03-28

"Fast moving start up with a changing culture"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Boulder, CO

I worked at Sovrn for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of opportunities to learn and use cutting edge technologies in a casual workplace

Cons

The culture is changing quickly and the company's identity is constantly in flux

Advice to Management

Make sure all teams get recognition during company-wide meetings, from developers to desktop support

Sovrn2019-01-27

"Honestly, I really liked it here"

Former Employee - Lead Generation Specialist in Boulder, CO

I worked at Sovrn full-time for more than a year

Pros

I loved working here, I felt empowered to do my best everyday. The management was very flexible, understanding and were problem solving thinkers. The perks were great, and location was prime. The message of the future and ideal state Sovrn wanted to be kept everyone involved, and seeing the employees acknowledge what is needed to be done really rallied everyone to think outside the box. It's been almost a year since...

Cons

It's hard to keep people happy during slow or hard seasons. I felt it was important that Walter could rally the teams more. Right before I was laid off, I was actually looking forward to hearing some of the morale survey we had, unfortunately I didn't get to see that through, but I understand that this is a business and hard decisions are needed to survive.

Advice to Management

From the perspective of someone who was laid off, I think having some kind of indicators from upper management that things are not going well is important. Believe me when I say I wanted to be part of the solution when things are hard.

Sovrn2018-12-13

"Enjoying the Ride"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Sovrn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Potential for growth CEO/Leadership is candid about the mission and what is going well and what isn't Benefits & Perks Relaxed Environment Intelligent and hard working team Fast Paced - you're not going to get bored People team - I've worked at a number of different companies and this is by far the most caring and most effective People team I have worked with

Cons

We did have some instability last year that was hard on the team. Demanding workload - I put this as both a pro and a con because you really have to put in your time and work hard. If you do it pays off. AdTech industry is rapidly changing and it is tough to keep up.

Advice to Management

Continue being open and honest. Spend more time in hiring leadership and management roles. Support more cross functional team interactions.

Sovrn2018-08-10

"Not a company but a big joke. Please stay away."

Former Employee - Data Scientist in Boulder, CO

I worked at Sovrn full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are no pros really. Free snacks Flexible hours Wfh Nothing special, every mid sized start-up offers these. No quantitative pros.

Cons

1. This company as a whole lacks good management. 2. Managers are rude and inconsiderate towards their subordinates. 3. As for the analytics team, people lack technical knowledge. They don’t know what they are doing. They waste more time in nonproductive things than actually doing some good research on the data. Projects are improperly planned and nobody is realistic. They believe in talking over acting. 4. There is...

Advice to Management

Change the management. Hire some modest and technically qualified managers and researchers. Respect your employees if you want them to be productive.

Sovrn2018-09-29

"Just the right company to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Sovrn full-time

Pros

My experience has been amazing since day one. Everyone is super friendly, very smart, hard working and down to earth. Very encouraging and supportive environment. The people make this company. I was in a 2 week on-boarding that really helped me understand what the company and mission is all about (thanks People Team!). I can tell they really invest in the employees when they start. I really am impressed with the potential...

Cons

There is a lack of product roadmap, direction is not straight forward. I know we are working on this, so it is great to know there is accountability already here, so its a very minimal con.

Sovrn2018-08-13