Spark Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spark Energy Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Spark Energy

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spark Energy in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, didn't hear back from HR until three weeks later. Scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager in three days, which lasted for 40 minutes. The conversation went well, I think the HM was looking for a person with an interest in data analysis and also having a solid background in SQL. He promised to let me know the next step in two weeks, however I never hear from them afterwards. Not that professional.

Interview Questions

• Basic SQL questions, behavioral based scenario questions. Nothing too tricky but more technical than I expected it to be.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spark Energy (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through on-campus career center. Got an e-mail from one of the Senior Directors about scheduling a phone interview. After I responded and setting up the interview I got the phone call. The Director explained the role of the intern and the projects that he expected to do during the summer. We then went over my resume and asked me to talk about situations where I had to think on my feet, or where I had to take charge of a project. The entire call was mostly behavioral type questions. I got an offer a few days after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. What are your strengths, experiences, weaknesses, etc? Background/resume overview.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spark Energy (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

It was very brief, they ask you certain questions that pertain to the job and related experiences. They ask you several personal questions to get you comfortable and get rid of the nervous feeling. Once you have been interacting the real interview questions start and they want a brief description of all of your experiences that would benefit you in the office. The most important thing to remember is the willingness to learn what you do not know and be very honest. That will definitely gain trust with the employer and that lets them know what kind of person you are. Confidence is definitely one of the most important characteristics to have because that goes to show that you are capable and willing to do the job.

Interview Questions

• Why would you consider your self fit for the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

After the interview I went home and received a call within 24 hours after the interview and was offered a position right away and started training the following Monday.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spark Energy (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about a software developer position at spark energy. I was scheduled to talk to the hiring manager but it was changed to a technical phone screening. All the question were "essay questions" that forced you to come up with explanations. From the interview process, they were looking for person who was strictly a developers with no experience in energy trading.

Interview Questions

• Explain inner join and out join to your grandmother   1 Answer
    • What types of table Indexes are there?
      When do you use them?   Answer Question