Sparkpr Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

3.1

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sparkpr (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It consisted of a month or so of back and forth with the recruiter, who outreached to me but then was not responsive, but said emails were going to spam. The company keeps posting SVP positions, but then said they aren't filling the role currently - not a need for it. It seemed they were posted the position to appear as if they were hiring, but really are not. They may not have the work/clients to support the role. I did have a few calls with the recruiting team, but they didn't seem to know much about the position.

Senior PR Role Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sparkpr in July 2016.

Interview

Various interviews. It took interviewing with about 7-8 people. Some can be in person or online. I was warned by one of the interviewers that they had found some great talent but were rejected because of one person's opinion. So beware if you hit it off, its not over till its over.

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute? Can you bring new business? What is your management style?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sparkpr (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed via phone/skype twice and in person once with both the SF team and NYC team for a role in NYC. The first rounds were really conversational and I felt extremely comfortable. The in person was great as well and I was able to really get to know everyone. The process was extremely speedy, they moved and made an offer after my in person which showed me they were serious!

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a challenge you faced in the work place and give some examples of how you were able to over come it ?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sparkpr (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process took a little less than 4 weeks from first contact to official offer. I did a phone screening, a phone interview, two in-person interviews, and a final phone call for the offer. Since traveling to the interview was some work and I was in the midst of a crazy busy time at my previous job, they were flexible about timing and duration of interviews. I met a lot of people over my two interviews (I want to say 8) but everyone was friendly and very conversational (except for one person who seemed like they were grilling me at first but come to find out it was just their personality and way of conversing).

Interview Questions

• If you were to run a campaign right now (around a specific topic we had discussed earlier), what would you do?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sparkpr in May 2014.

Interview

An initial phone screen with the HR Manager and then a follow up in-person interview with the performance manager, a few additional Sparksters, and then a wrap-up with the HR Manager.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions. They asked for specific examples.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sparkpr (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

The process took about four months from start to finish. I was able to meet with the New York team twice, plus have a phone interview with two account managers in the San Francisco office. Spark has asked for two media references in addition to my three professional references.

Interview Questions

• Provide us an example of handling a difficult client and how did you manage them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room to negotiate

Senior Associate Interview

Application

Interview

My interview process (which took place a few years ago) was long. It took about 4 months to land my job at Spark. It began with a phone screen with HR rep, followed by two rounds of in-person meetings. Spark not only asked for professional references but media references (which can be delicate because many reporters will not give references for PR people). The total time it took to land my job at Spark was nearly 4 months and I was offered a number of offers with higher salaries but went with Spark instead. Still with agency after several years and have been promoted since joining the firm.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite thing about PR and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Really wasn't able to negotiate. The offer was decent but I wanted to work for Spark because of the firm's reputation.

PR Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sparkpr (San Francisco, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Probably met with about 7 people, everyone from the CEO to most junior. All were great except for one. I was questioned about everything on my resume and experience, preferences etc. I was there for several hours and it was tiring by the end. I got the offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here and what do you know about us?   Answer Question

Negotiation

there's some room for negotiation