Spectrum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Employee Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spectrum (Charlotte, NC) in June 2020.

Interview

I filled out an application and about two weeks later I received a call from a recruiter. The conversation was short and she was extremely friendly. After our brief conversation she let me know I would be receiving a call to set up an interview with the supervisor. I interviewed the same week with the supervisor and a team lead. The interview was over the phone and very laid back. Both interviewers were down to earth which put my mind at ease. I had a second interview with the manager of the department today and he was awesome. He made me feel comfortable and the conversation lasted about 30 minutes. About 2 or so hours later I received a phone call from the recruiter extending an offer. The overall process was great. Each person I spoke with was friendly, professional, and made me feel like a part of the team before I even received an offer.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Spectrum.

Interview

Applied on internal website and was contacted by a recruiter. I spoke with this same recruiter a year prior regarding a different position but never heard back from them after our initial conversation. I should have taken this as a hint the first go around.
    I had a second interview with the Director and team lead over the phone. It was a nice conversation and provided me with more detail regarding the role and responsibilities. Next, I had a third interview with three team members. One team member was a bit derogatory in their line of questioning and I did not receive a very good impression overall of the working environment. I was made to feel like a number and not a candidate and immediately knew this was not going to be a good fit after the last interview. I was told I would be contacted one way or the other when a decision was made. Three or four weeks later I received a generic email stating the position had been cancelled due to a change in business goals.

Interview Questions

• 1st round with recruiter is typical get to know you
      2nd round asks some technical and general questions to gauge aptitude for position
      3rd round is technical   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Spectrum.

Interview

The hiring took awhile, about 1 month. A lot longer than expected. HR didn’t communicate with me during the process. The interview was with the store manager and it was simple and asked general interview questions.

Interview Questions

• If a customer comes up and has problem how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spectrum in July 2020.

Interview

July 2020. I applied for the outdoor sales rep position. I was almost immediately contacted by a recruiter to schedule an interview. After my ten minute interview with a recruiter, the area sales manager called hours later to offer me the job, explain more about the job title and answer any of my questions. He was very nice and transparent about the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to meet a goal and how did you do it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spectrum in July 2020.

Interview

Very easy process, asks mostly about past experiences that would make you good for a sales role. They tell you about the job description, the salary and what to expect going forward.

Mobile Activation Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spectrum (Columbus, OH) in July 2020.

Interview

I filled out the app yesterday and the recruiter called me today. She asked brief questions and gave me info on the job, schedule, and pay. My over the phone interview is tomorrow with two Supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Spectrum.

Interview

Due to COVID restrictions, it was all conducted online. It consisted of an initial phone screen with a recruiter, who asked about motivations for applying, discussed the company, and allowed for questions from the applicant. The second interview was with the hiring manager and a principal engineer. The third interview was with the principal engineer and a few more team members. The third interview did broach some technical aspects, but generally wasn't anything outside of the norm. After the third interview, I was approached by the recruiter informing me that the company has gone a different direction and is choosing not to fill the position, and for me to apply to a different opening while reiterating that I was still in the running for a position. I was then ghosted by the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between RBAC and ABAC   Answer Question
    • Describe the difference between a port scan and a discovery scan   Answer Question
    • What do you have, and what are you working on, in your home lab?   Answer Question

Call Center Manager Interview

Interview

I received a phone call from the HR department to set up a video interview. During the video interview I meet with two people who never turned on their cameras. It was difficult to read their reactions to my answers just from their voices. I am not sure if they follow up after the interview to let you know if you are moving forward to the next step. I did not get a follow up.

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spectrum.

Interview

You start out pretty quick. A few situational questions about customer service and then a fairly easy hands on test to troubleshoot a pc. Just be yourself so you can make sure the job is for you. It is not an easy position. Lots of kpis

Interview Questions

Interview

It was very informational, and I felt very comfortable during the interview. There were a lot of scenario questions, I am a fan of those, as well as logistical questions. Overall it was probably one of the best interviews I’ve ever had, it felt more like conversation,

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baxter, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Spectrum (Baxter, MN) in June 2020.

Interview

Easy. Over the phone. Ensures you are aware of the job description I.e the hours you work (11-8) and the base salary.

I declined because of the base salary being 16,200.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a valid drivers license, reliable car and insurance.   Answer Question
    • Salary is 16,200 plus commissions. Is this okay?   1 Answer