Sports Direct Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sports Direct Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

1.8

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sports Direct (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The process was very casual. I felt calm and able to talk about myself and tell them all the good things about me. It was in the assistant manager's office. She gave off a vibe which said that I had been successful. It was a great experience and one of my best interviews to date.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult situation?   1 Answer

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Direct (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

It is 1:1 interview at the store. When you go there they will ask you simple questions. They will hire you no matter what you say. They are quite desperate for staff due to the huge staff turnover.

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sports Direct (Croydon, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview was short. A few questions about me, why I want to work for them and why they should hire me
    After 2 days the manager contacted me and asked me to start

Christmas Temporary Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loughborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Direct (Loughborough, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got an interview after two weeks. I went in formal dress. Since the store was very busy, I was asked to wait for 20 mins. Very informal interview. However I was interviewed by a nice person. She is good and very casual. She explained the importance of employing a person who is interested in sports. She quickly interviewed me in 10 minutes as the store was very busy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sports Direct?   1 Answer
    • Which sport are you into?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you are perfect for this job   1 Answer
    • When you are serving a customer, what would you do if another customer approaches you for help?   1 Answer
    • Your manager has allotted you many tasks on a day. Would you prefer to do that or serve customers?   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Direct (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Was phoned up late at night around 10pm to be offered an interview for the next day. Went in and sat in cateen and was in for a group interview asking questions about customer service. Then we're asked to build a tour as a team work experience and then to help out on the shop floor. I did not receive an offer and was not told of this, and got an email a year later to tell me I was unsuccessful.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you gave good customer service.   Answer Question

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sports Direct (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

When I arrived I was taken to the staff room where I had to wait a matter of minutes before I was called in to the interview, was asked questions from a piece of paper, during all questions the only note he took was of my availability and what department appealed to me as he gave me a description of what each role was.

Christmas Temporary Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Direct (Mansfield, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview took no longer than 10 minutes. When I got the I was asked to look around while they get the manger. When the manager came we went to a different room where he asked me questions about my availability, personality, etc.

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sports Direct (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online a week ago and asked to book an interview a few days later. The process was really easy and simple. I went to.the interview and it was short and very quick which is great. It wasn't as bad as i expected it to be.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sports Direct (Birmingham, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I brought the CV at the shop in Bullring and the process took 5 days. They called me for an interview and I had to wait almost half an hour but the interview was easy and I didn´t feel nervous. He explained me the role because it was fot only christmas temp and at the end asked if I had some questions. They told me that they only call if you succeed and one week later they called me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you.
      Why SportsDirect?
      How can you define good customers service?
      Tell me one time you helped a customer.
      Answer Question

Christmas Temporary Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochdale, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sports Direct (Rochdale, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email within a week after applying asking me to book an interview slot. The interview was pretty relaxed and informal, the manager interviewed me and explained what the job entails, the company info and asked me quick questions about what I am currently doing and my experience etc. I heard back 2 days later from the manager that I got the job.