Spring Independent School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.9

Middle School Math Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spring Independent School District (Spring, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I sat in front of three women, one pretty much led the interview and the other two just watched. Interview was only supposed to be 30 minutes and lasted 1 hour and 30 minutes. They asked a lot of questions, took me on a tour of the school after. 20 minutes later they offered me the position, via phone.

Elementary Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spring Independent School District in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and I was contacted by a recruiter for an interview in couple days. The interview was about 20 minutes. The questions were based on different scenarios.

Director of Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Spring Independent School District (Spring, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 people the Technology Officer and the Chief of Staff. They had 20 to 25 questions. the interview lasted about an hour. They talked about the environment and had very specific questions about my vision to help improve the environment

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spring Independent School District (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Attended winter job fair. It was odd compared to other district job fairs because they say you in a room and you put on a name tag with your certification. Then HR came around and selected you based on your certification to meet with a school. I had anticipated on meeting with several schools so I had many resumes with me, however you only meet with one and they interview you for the whole district. I'm a math/science person and interviewed with a school who was looking for an ELA position. They did extend me an offer at the job fair but for math/science once one opened up.

A few days later I get a call from a different school who was looking for math and science. I went to meet with the team I would be working with and they interviewed me. The next day I get a call from the principal asking me to come in to meet with her. I met with the principal and math specialist and they gave me a tour of the school. The next day I got a call from the principal letting me know I got the job.

The worst part was HR. I've noticed this district's HR department processes at a snails pace (based on my experience and several others I've met throughout my time there). The interview process from job fair to job offer took 10 days. The paperwork processing took close to a month.

Interview Questions

• Do you have to love a child to teach them?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had a day's lesson planned out and an emergency assembly was called? How would you work around that?   Answer Question
    • How do you work with kids of varying levels of emotional development and academic knowledge?   Answer Question
    • As a high mobility school, how do you create relationships with kids knowing they may not be in your class a month from now?   Answer Question
    • What does classroom management look like in your classroom?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spring Independent School District.

Interview

Bizarre interview, almost like the principal forgot I was coming. He did not take any notes during interview and seemed to ask trick questions. He cut me off as if I were being too elaborate on my answers.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe children have to love their teachers in order to learn?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spring Independent School District (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone screening, in person interview, and sample lesson.

It was in depth and I really got to see what the principal was looking for in an ideal candidate. I got to meet the principal, assistant principal, and teachers who were on the staff. I also went to the campus and did a sample lesson.

I really got a good sense of the work environment.

District Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spring Independent School District (Houston, TX).

Interview

A panel of high ups interview you basically asking questions right off your resume which they have in front of them. During the interview one of the panel members got up and went to the restroom, rude. All potential employees are interviewed back to back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation every tech gets paid the same and if you argue there is a line waiting to take your spot

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spring Independent School District (Houston, TX).

Interview

The hiring process was a breeze! Like talking to two new friends and getting to know them, this administration knows when they've got someone they want to hire. They really support new teachers with their Whisper Program; it is by far the best mentoring program I've been in (3 so far).

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spring Independent School District (Spring, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed at several schools in the district. One school made me do three interviews, including two sample lessons and really led me to believe that they would make an offer. However, after several weeks, they did not. Another school called me in for an interview and made an offer thirty minutes after I left the school. Background check required. I thought it was strange that they did not make me take a drug test (obviously I would have passed).

Classroom Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spring Independent School District.

Interview

Panel interview- usually how is your classroom management, situation questions on how you will handle parents and students, if you are a veteran teacher-test scores, and evaluation. Are you willing to do what is best for the kids-which means-eating with the kids when necessary, staying after school during the week and Saturdays,and attending various workshops off of work hours.

Interview Questions

• What can you do that no one else has been able to do as far as raising test scores.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NONE