Springer Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Springer Healthcare Interview Questions

Interviews at Springer Healthcare

Medical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Springer Healthcare (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone interview, writing test, in person interview. Writing test was very straightforward, and the in person interview was just after that. In person was 3 people, individually (not as a panel). Offer came a few days later.

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Springer Healthcare (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I was first interviewed by someone in HR and then taken to see the head of the writing department. We had a long talk about the job and requirements, and then I was told I would need to do a writing sample--a learning module with numerous interactive elements. I did this at home, and it took me a fair amount of time because I wanted to do a good job--which I did (I know this material). They took the module and I never heard from them again. I suspect they do what a number of other companies are doing now: having applicants do "tests" and then using the results for their own purposes, without giving the creators pay or credit. Very sleazy.

Editorial Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Springer Healthcare (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with HR first and then went on to interview with my manager. Both were very reasonable and mostly asked about my past experience and skills. I also got a written assignment that I completed at home after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked about past experience.   1 Answer

Medical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Springer Healthcare (London, England (UK)).

Interview

CV screened by recruiter. Was given a test to complete within a few days. Test took about 6 hours to complete well. Submitted test and waited. Kept asking for feedback. After 3 months of asking, company told me that I was not selected out of 3 candidates. Apparently, they were also unable to give feedback.
    Definitely not professional type of communications and does not seem to treat people well.

Interview Questions

• Read 5 articles, write a multi-page report summarising and analysing the studies   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Springer Healthcare (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

First interview face to face with line manager then second interview face to face with line manager and HR, very thorough. I knew after the first interview that i would get the job even before the second interview, you just know don't you!

Interview Questions

• What would you do with the money if you won the lottery   1 Answer

Associate Medical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Springer Healthcare (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Their HR team used SAP SuccessFactors recruitment tool to sift through CVs. Writing Test consisted of PowerPoint graphs and writing an abstract. Next was the assessment day at the London office: Photocopy passport, Competency Based Interview, tour, staff presentation, group exercise. Interview relaxed but time limited as 8 or so of us taking turns so not much chance to get a feel for the place with their answers to the questions you wanted to ask them. Most chat was amongst ourselves shut away in a room so non the wiser. Staff presentations during lunch buffet consisted of company overview and some potted biogs and then a chance to chat with staff around the buffet table. Group exercise was called 'Lunar Exploration' and consisted of a daft 'simulated reality' word-order game that year 11s would think twice as daft (This game for schoolkids at the NASA site ‘Survival on the moon scenario’ is meant for US grade 6-8, meaning 11 to 13 year-olds. Now as a putative medical writer with cast-iron moral standards and precious ethical track record, you must not compromise yourself and go and peek there because the correct listing along with reasons why plus a nice Venn diagram extension is just waiting there). Situation: Spaceship has crash-landed on the moon. Need to find mother ship some distance away. A list of possible items to take on the trek. First each person, then each team scores which items are most/least important for survival and ranks them accordingly.The staff watch how you interact. There were about 8 of them so pretty much 1 for each interviewee. After that a group share exercise where each person takes a turn to introduce themselves and say one thing that’s true about themselves and another that isn't. We try to guess which is which.

As we were packing up HR said they’d be in touch by Friday. I sent a thank you email well before then and HR replied ‘We will be in touch when we can’. Which was not by Friday, nor by next week or month. Eventually I emailed HR after 3 months and got back ‘you were not successful in this instance’ and suggested I keep an eye out on their job board. I asked for feedback and was told I had no shortcomings but ‘we had very strong candidates in the last round’. This suggests an additional interview took place but there was no indication of this at any stage. We all thought the assessment day was the final step. I checked with others who were interviewed and they were similarly ignored without the common decency expected after attending an interview in person.
    I agree with a previous comment that they do not treat people well.