St. Johns County Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at St. Johns County

GIS Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Augustine, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at St. Johns County (Saint Augustine, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview was pretty straight forward with technical questions and behavioral questions. Panel style interview with 4 people in the room. I received a phone call a week or so after the interview informing me that they hired someone else, but the position was re-posted on their website shortly thereafter. I was qualified for the position and felt the interview went well. If you don't want to hire me, that's fine, but why lie about hiring someone else?

Interview Questions

• Typical technical questions pertaining to the position   Answer Question
    • Typical behavioral questions pertaining to why you want to work there, describe a conflict situation, etc   Answer Question

Urban Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Augustine, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at St. Johns County (Saint Augustine, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Director of Growth Managment showed up for interview about 1 hour late and forgot that she scheduled the interview. She clearly wasnt prepared. She played with her iphone throughout the interview

Interview Questions

• If you noticed corruption or fraud within the department what would you do? Sometimes we have to make deals with some of the bigger applicants, how do you feel about that?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at St. Johns County in February 2013.

Interview

Face to face interview with a panel including the hiring manager. Generally the interview lasts about 45 minutes. Fairly quick feedback.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle motivating staff who may not be excited about your hiring.   Answer Question

Marine Rescue Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at St. Johns County (Saint Augustine, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

My first contact was at the tryout. You must be able to swim 500 meters in less than 10 minutes and run .5 miles in less than 3 minutes. Everyone who passed the tryout was able to attend marine rescue academy - a lengthy and time consuming training course. It was four weeks long, met three days a week (Tues-Thurs) for classroom time and a workout and on Sundays almost the whole day for a little more class time and a LOT more physical training. At the end of the course, there is a written exam, a physical exam (the Gauntlet), and an oral exam as well as an interview. Everyone in my class who made it to exam day was hired.

Interview Questions

• The Gauntlet was difficult. Everyone was exhausted. It was hard.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everyone who passed the physical, oral and written exams was hired. Everyone who finished the course and took the exams passed.

Urban Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at St. Johns County (Saint Augustine, FL) in January 2008.

Interview

Asked several questions like "Are you related to _____" and "How long have you lived in St. Augustine". Very unorganized took over 4 months to make offer on position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take or leave it negotiation