Stage Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stage Stores Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2017

2.2

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stage Stores.

Interview

Employee passed my resume to HR. Called next day for a resume screening. Only reason I received a call was because of the referral. I have several years of experience but it was clear that the recruiter did not want to continue once I said I hadn't finished my degree. The recruiter's tone quickly changed, but asked for my salary history anyway. I declined to answer, explaining as I was in a public space. Their tone became even more negative and said they would send me an email with the next steps (which I never received). A friend interviewed for another position and had the same experience about pay history.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cuero, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stage Stores (Cuero, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I had an interview today and it went extremely well. I had arrived 15 minutes early to the interview and the manager was in the process of interviewing another applicant. After the manager was finished, she greeted me and said she would be with me shortly. I walked around the store for another 5-7 minutes until she was ready to see me. The interview was very easy, she asked traditional questions and made me feel comfortable in the office. There was no pressure.

Interview Questions

• How well do you think you would be able to handle pushing our Bealls rewards programs?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had to persuade a customer to buy merchandise or apply for a rewards program when you knew they were on the edge about it.   Answer Question
    • How would your previous employer and coworkers describe your work ethic?   Answer Question
    • How well do you think you would be able to manage working holiday hours and dealing with the rush?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stage Stores (Athens, TX).

Interview

Brief , interested in hiring serious people that care about customers. Friendly managers looking for great and friendly staff. Looking also to hire bilingual people to help the Hispanic no English speaking customers

Corporate Interview

Interview

The entire process took about two 1/2 weeks. I applied online and was contacted a few days later to set up a phone interview. The in person interview took about 2 1/2 hours, I met with 4 different people. After the interview I was contacted and told my information was being submitted for a background. This took about a full week and I was made an offer.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have as it pertains to this role? Why did you choose this role? And behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Houston, TX Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stage Stores (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Well, my experience is similar to the one below me. I applied online and 2 days later received an email to send times for a phone interview. I sent the times and promptly received a confirmation email.

The phone interview was over a week ago. The interviewer was about 5 mins late for the call, but apologized. She was very polite during the interview. She answered all of my questions and even went into the benefits and company perks. Overall, the interview went pretty well and she invited me for a face-to-face interview. We agreed on the day, but she had to check with HR about the time.

The face-to-face interview was supposed to take place this week. When Monday rolled around and I still hadn't heard anything, I sent an email to the interviewer. No response. Now days past the intended day of the face-to-face interview, I still haven't heard anything. My husband suggests that I call, but I don't think it's a good idea.

To me, this is representative of the company. I don't want to work where people are not professional enough to do what they said they would. It's sad because this is one of the companies that I actually REALLY wanted to work for. To find out that their hiring process is broken is unfortunate. I have done 2 interviews since the phone interview. I'm sure that they have lost top talent this way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What specific area of this career field are you interested in? Why? Why Stage Stores? Describe yourself in 3 words. Why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question

Customer Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stage Stores in July 2017.

Interview

I honestly don't know where to start. I applied online, and received an email from a recruiter asking to schedule a phone interview. Then it was several days after I responded that I followed up with her to ask if she still wanted to schedule a time. A week from the first contact email, we had our phone interview. It went really well. I went in for my face-to-face interview. It went well also. She received positive feedback from the people I interviewed with and I was excited. She asked me for my references. I gave them. It took a few days for her to reach them all, but in the meantime she congratulated me on being the top candidate. She went even further and said my background check came back clean, told me she was putting my offer letter together, that I didn't have to sign it. It was just a formality. Well, it sounded like a slam dunk to me. I never heard from her again. Not a rejection letter, no phone call, and no response to my one email and one voicemail I sent her. I didn't want to be a psycho, but where is the common decency of letting someone know where they stand? Very unprofessional, and it sounds like I am not the only one that this has happened to...very poor business practices. I believe like everyone else that they have missed some top notch talent this way. Sad for them.

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stage Stores (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online through an employee referral. I didn't hear anything until a month or 2 later for a phone screening with the HR talent recruiter. I had to reschedule a couple times since the recruiter conflicting meetings. It was basic questions about my experience and why I wanted to work there. I was then invited a within a week to come into the office for a face to face. I first meet with the HR talent recruiter and was given a retail math assessment test. It was about 5 interviews that were about 30-45 minutes each with the VP, directors, & manager. The whole process lasted about 3 hours. Each interviewer had their own style of interviews. It was mostly about my experience, background, interestest, and a few behavioral questions. The last person I interviewed was kind of funny. He kept telling me about other positions at other companies and how I would better fit their private label development team with my background. I kind of took it as they probably already passed on me before I even finished the whole process. I thought it was a fairly average interview, but it would be nice if they would follow-up. It's been a little under two months since and I haven't heard anything even with my follow-up emails. If they passed on me I wouldn't mind as I wasn't all too excited to be working there.

Interview Questions

• Retail Math Assessment Test: AUR, Gross Margin, Gross Percentage, Avg Inventory, IMU, etc.   Answer Question

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stage Stores (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I only made it through the phone interview, although I was invited for an interview they're clearly so unorganized and inconsiderate of applicants that I decided not to go any further in the interview process. My first phone interview was scheduled and the recruiter never even called. So I emailed her saying I never received a call. She gave no explanation why and just asked to reschedule. First off if she knew she couldn't keep the appointment she should have contacted me BEFORE to reschedule. Second, had I, the applicant, done the same thing they would have immediately declined me.

So I went ahead and rescheduled. The phone interview went seemingly good and she asked me about coming in person but said she'd confirm with the team on their availability first. I said that was fine I just need at least 48 hours notice so I can request off from work (I'm already working full time). So out of the blue the evening before some other HR person send me an email saying my interview was scheduled for the next day. I emailed back asking to reschedule because I'm not able to take off work with such little notice. They tell me they'll have to get back to me next week. So they did contact me the following week but did basically the exact same thing, emailed me the day before asking me to come interview. I could see just from their recruiting process that this is a very unorganized company. It's really a shame because initially I was really excited about the job because the position would finally put me back on the career path of what I went to school for and always wanted to do. But I've had enough bad experiences with jobs that I knew the way they treat applicants from the start shows they're not a professional company to work for. If they were they'd be considerate of applicants time and wouldn't expect people to jeopardize their current job in order to interview with them. They're going to lose out on a lot of good applicants and I'd bet they have really high turn over because they probably only manage to hire people that are really desperate based on the way they treat applicants.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why are you interested in this position/working for stage.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stage Stores (Houston, TX).

Interview

I first met with Team Manager of Financial Applications, afterwards I was taken to meet
    with Director of Financial Applications and was asked additional questions about previous job tasks.

Interview Questions

• Why I would I work at mid-size company after working for Large company?   1 Answer
    • They also asked What qualities I consider to make up a perfect manager?   1 Answer

Help Desk Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stage Stores (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by recruiter 3 weeks later for a phone interview. The phone interview was your typical interview questions and explaining your background. I was invited to do a in person interview scheduled for the following week that consisted of about 4 rounds in the same day 30 mins apart. I was told I had the experience and qualifications and would hear back from them in a couple of days. A few days later I heard back from the recruiter telling me they would be moving forward with doing my reference and background check. Four days later, I got a job offer! All of this transpired around the Christmas holidays which is why it took so long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about a time you had to handle a difficult situation at work and or with a customer.
      Basically the typical interview questions.   1 Answer