Stage Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.2

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stage Stores (Houston, TX).

Interview

I first met with Team Manager of Financial Applications, afterwards I was taken to meet
    with Director of Financial Applications and was asked additional questions about previous job tasks.

Interview Questions

• Why I would I work at mid-size company after working for Large company?   1 Answer
    • They also asked What qualities I consider to make up a perfect manager?   1 Answer

Help Desk Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stage Stores (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by recruiter 3 weeks later for a phone interview. The phone interview was your typical interview questions and explaining your background. I was invited to do a in person interview scheduled for the following week that consisted of about 4 rounds in the same day 30 mins apart. I was told I had the experience and qualifications and would hear back from them in a couple of days. A few days later I heard back from the recruiter telling me they would be moving forward with doing my reference and background check. Four days later, I got a job offer! All of this transpired around the Christmas holidays which is why it took so long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about a time you had to handle a difficult situation at work and or with a customer.
      Basically the typical interview questions.
      Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Memphis, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stage Stores (West Memphis, AR).

Interview

The interview process fast and extremely laid back. I interviewed with the GM and she asked the basic customer service questions. She asked sI asked about past employment and spent majority of the time going over my work experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any retail experience?
      Do you have any cash handling experience?
      Do you have any custom service experience?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cochran, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stage Stores (Cochran, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Basically just asked my experience in previous sales position. Afterwards, I was told my pay, when I would start work, and the length of the position available. I asked about possible chance of staying on, and he said," one of the managers started as seasonal."

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poteau, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stage Stores (Poteau, OK) in November 2016.

Interview

Emailed me. I didnt know I had a job interview because I hadnt checked my email that morning but I went in to talk to her about my application and I was 30 mins early for an interview I dint know I had.

Interview Questions

• How would you decribe your intergrity   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Okmulgee, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stage Stores (Okmulgee, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

Very personal and welcoming! A lot of the conversation was back-and-forth, rather than being one-sided. I felt a part of the team from the get-go! And knew I had it, but felt very much that they cared for quality as well.

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stage Stores (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a little over 2 hours long where I met with around 4 people. The staff was extremely friendly and attentive and the office was absolutely gorgeous. The interview itself was very professional and involved answering a lot of behavioral based interview questions in addition to going over my previous work experience. I could tell that Stage would be an awesome place to work based on the interview process alone. A great company that cares about their employees and talent.

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stage Stores (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied online through the company website. I received an email for a phone screening within 7 days. First phone interview took place 7 days later, second and third interview followed that same week. I was flown out to interview in person and take the retail math assessment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • What makes your background experience unique?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have to work with a difficult person and how you were able to compromise?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stage Stores in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application for an opening advertised as Assistant Store Manager to lead to a Store Manager position within 6 months in the training store. The position was posted on Indeed and the store had a sign up indicating they were looking to fill the role. My assumption was there would be a phone interview and then face to face, then interviews with District Manager(s) at a minimum - it made sense to me that this would be the process if the current store manager was leaving and there was no one already in an asst manager role - for a store with no bench - I was surprised when I only received one phone call before I was denied further conversations.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I wanted the position. I explained that I actually worked for one of the Stage stores when I was in high school before the Beall's stores were sold into the Stage family. It once was a pretty, well merchandised and well led organization.   1 Answer
    • I was asked about my career in retail - would I consider myself a successful store manager and if so, why.   1 Answer

Executive Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stage Stores (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied through our university job site and was interviewed on campus for my first round. The questions were typical interview questions and then I took a retail math test. After this I received a call from them telling me that they wanted me to come in for a second interview at their corporate office in Houston. They put me in a hotel the night before (very nice hotel) and the next day started at 8 am and ended at 3:30. The day was filled with a lot of activities such as math exam, interviews, panel discussion with top executives, tour, and more. It was a beautiful campus and a great experience. I would just say that they aren't the best about getting back to you when they say they will and the decision process might take a while but it was a fun day and seemed like a great company.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you failed and how did you handle that?   Answer Question