Stage Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stage Stores Interview Questions

Interviews at Stage Stores

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stage Stores (Nashville, TN) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was basic. Not much to speak of. Asked a few questions about what experience I had. Asked about my customer service skills. What would I do if a customer was stealing. Really the questions were simple.

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stage Stores (Corpus Christi, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I had worked for the company before and submited my application online which was found by the person who interviewed me last and had now been promoted to her own store. She remembered me and seemed relieved. She needed alot of help and disclosed willingly she wasnt able to offer much pay to start out. I began as a cashier and was promoted in three months to assistant store manager when the current one was promoted to her own store they both asked me to fill the posistion.

Interview Questions

• So your comfortable with upset customers and dealing with awkward or demanding situations?

Tell me about your other jobs?

You can deal with if I have to change the schedule sometimes as long as I can give you a notice as soon as I know?

Your on your feet for hours at a time thats ok as long as we allow small breaks to sit and have a drink if business allows?

If a co worker became hostile or tried to gossip in the workplace how would you handle it?

I need you to be able to leave your personal problems at the door can you do that?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do not accept the first thing given. The manager is a middle man between the District manager who goes off a payscale based on experience. List all your experience and know that your intentions while being with the company ( how long your there what you contribute ex moving up) play a role in your worth in pay. You work alot and alot is expected of you so do not accept anything. Im not saying dont except the job but be willing to speak to the person who decides directly or negotiate and speak up about your experience and intentions to move up and learn

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stage Stores in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application for an opening advertised as Assistant Store Manager to lead to a Store Manager position within 6 months in the training store. The position was posted on Indeed and the store had a sign up indicating they were looking to fill the role. My assumption was there would be a phone interview and then face to face, then interviews with District Manager(s) at a minimum - it made sense to me that this would be the process if the current store manager was leaving and there was no one already in an asst manager role - for a store with no bench - I was surprised when I only received one phone call before I was denied further conversations.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I wanted the position. I explained that I actually worked for one of the Stage stores when I was in high school before the Beall's stores were sold into the Stage family. It once was a pretty, well merchandised and well led organization.   1 Answer
    • I was asked about my career in retail - would I consider myself a successful store manager and if so, why.   1 Answer

Web Content Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stage Stores.

Interview

Submitted resume through their online application process. Was almost immediately contacted by their recruiter for phone screening. My salary expectations were beyond what they could offer. She even contacted the hiring manager to see if they were more flexible, but we were too far apart.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stage Stores (Houston, TX) in June 2009.

Interview

Interview experience was very positive. Interview questions was based historical background.

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stage Stores in April 2013.

Interview

It was for the new division, Steele's Stores. Met with hiring director out of Texas and the MM. Very generic questions, easy overall.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Started me off more than I expected.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stage Stores.

Interview

I interviewed off-site with the VP of Marketing. I was recruited from another company, so it was pretty relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was good. I negotiated more vacation time, which was more important to me, and I got it.

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stage Stores (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I only made it through the phone interview, although I was invited for an interview they're clearly so unorganized and inconsiderate of applicants that I decided not to go any further in the interview process. My first phone interview was scheduled and the recruiter never even called. So I emailed her saying I never received a call. She gave no explanation why and just asked to reschedule. First off if she knew she couldn't keep the appointment she should have contacted me BEFORE to reschedule. Second, had I, the applicant, done the same thing they would have immediately declined me.

So I went ahead and rescheduled. The phone interview went seemingly good and she asked me about coming in person but said she'd confirm with the team on their availability first. I said that was fine I just need at least 48 hours notice so I can request off from work (I'm already working full time). So out of the blue the evening before some other HR person send me an email saying my interview was scheduled for the next day. I emailed back asking to reschedule because I'm not able to take off work with such little notice. They tell me they'll have to get back to me next week. So they did contact me the following week but did basically the exact same thing, emailed me the day before asking me to come interview. I could see just from their recruiting process that this is a very unorganized company. It's really a shame because initially I was really excited about the job because the position would finally put me back on the career path of what I went to school for and always wanted to do. But I've had enough bad experiences with jobs that I knew the way they treat applicants from the start shows they're not a professional company to work for. If they were they'd be considerate of applicants time and wouldn't expect people to jeopardize their current job in order to interview with them. They're going to lose out on a lot of good applicants and I'd bet they have really high turn over because they probably only manage to hire people that are really desperate based on the way they treat applicants.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why are you interested in this position/working for stage.   Answer Question

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stage Stores.

Interview

Employee passed my resume to HR. Called next day for a resume screening. Only reason I received a call was because of the referral. I have several years of experience but it was clear that the recruiter did not want to continue once I said I hadn't finished my degree. The recruiter's tone quickly changed, but asked for my salary history anyway. I declined to answer, explaining as I was in a public space. Their tone became even more negative and said they would send me an email with the next steps (which I never received). A friend interviewed for another position and had the same experience about pay history.

Interview Questions

• How much are you currently earning?   1 Answer

Allocation Analyst Interview

Interview

- Walk me through your resume
    - How is your previous experience applicable to the role you are seeking
    - How would you make a mark in your role and department