Standard Bank Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Standard Bank Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

3.1

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Bank Group in January 2013.

Interview

I had 2 interviews. One with the hiring manager and HR. And the other with the Head of Corporate and Investment banking.

Both technical and behavioral questions were asked. The questions were average and my responses were well received.

An offer was given a week after the interview process was completed.

Client Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Harcourt (Nigeria)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Bank Group (Port Harcourt (Nigeria)).

Interview

It was interesting and more of a conversation. The were really looking out for my confidence and communication skill. The Panel didn't try to be intimidating and that was a bonus to me because I felt relaxed and easily got over the tension.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jinja, Jinja (Uganda)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Standard Bank Group (Jinja, Jinja (Uganda)).

Interview

It was alright and a detailed interview with several stages. I passed all the stages among the last 2 people and met the CEO. None of us was hired as they had someone they sourced overseas to take up the role.

Quants Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Bank Group.

Interview

Applied for the graduate programme online. After that I had a telephonic interview with some technical screening questions. I was then invited to the final assessment day at the GLC where we had to do a group activity, give a presentation and a final panel interview.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlands (Kenya)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Standard Bank Group (Westlands (Kenya)) in August 2016.

Interview

You first have a face to face interview, in this interview they ask you general questions about yourself. If you pass, you will be sent an online aptitude test. In this aptitude test you will be given a series of questions to answer in a period of not more than two hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to be a Systems Administrator?   1 Answer
    • Can you handle the stress of the Systems Administrator's position?   1 Answer
    • How do you relax, or rewind from the stresses of life and work?   1 Answer

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Bank Group (Cape Town (South Africa)) in August 2016.

Interview

A panel interview with technical, behavioural, and company based questions. All three interviewers were friendly and helpful. The line of questioning was fairly difficult, but did not go out of their way to catch you out.

Business Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Bank Group (Nairobi (Kenya)).

Interview

Interview process took two weeks, one technical interview and another one with a panel of six. I was called after three days for the technical test. Was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Interview

Telephone Interview, Interview with Senior Management, Psychometric Tests. First had to make a presentation to of your responses to the case study. And then answer follow up questions from the panel. Then the interview moved to the usual 'Tell us about your self' How do you handle conflict amongst your peers etc.

Interview Questions

• Strategy Case study and basic personal career questions   Answer Question

Treasury Dealer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlands (Kenya)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Bank Group (Westlands (Kenya)) in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewers are well informed industry experts and they made the interview process quite manageable. The HR however never get back to candidate. one has to do their own follow up

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Bank Group (Cape Town (South Africa)) in June 2016.

Interview

I came in and they asked quants questions, everyone was friendly and helpful if you get stuck. And they do not try to catch you out fast. they are more interested on the thought process as opposed to you getting the correct answer. so make sure that you think out loud.

Interview Questions

• what is a function that does not change when you differentiate it?   1 Answer