Standard TV and Appliance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Standard TV and Appliance

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard TV and Appliance (Bend, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with the Store managers, spent about an hour talking, if interested then to HR for next step of hiring process. They explained what the job entailed and how the store operates. The importance of working together and helping each other.

Interview Questions

Standard TV and Appliance Response

Jan 18, 2017 – Web Administrator

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review our company.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Standard TV and Appliance (Portland, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied through Glassdoor.com, scheduled an interview fairly quickly. Saw the company's samples to look over - had to search for the email because my server marked it as 'spam.' Interviewer was very negative about company, benefits and the environment as a whole. A skills review was optional. It was worded "if you have time, would you like to perform." Major printer issues within the office space. I walked out of the business and knew if they offered me the position, I would turn it down.

Dec 23, 2016 – Web Administrator

Dear Past Applicant, Thank you for taking the time to apply with us back in May 2016. If this had been brought to our attention seven months ago, we could have cleared up your concerns sooner ... More

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Standard TV and Appliance.

Interview

Great experience speaking with the sourcer and recruiter (outsourced). They were very professional and my candidate experience was good...until my interview with the CEO.

I have read multiple reviews complaining of the long-winded nature of office meetings and sales meetings but nothing could prepare me for this.

Close to 3 hours having a "conversation" with a man who clearly enjoys hearing his own voice more than anyone else's. Not a lot of value in the type of questions I was asked and more than anything, I was subject to a history lesson on the company and a 3 hour infomercial on how he's successful in spite of his employees.

Very few times in my professional career I have met a CEO who expresses himself so poorly when talking about the people that make him his money. Absolutely ZERO personal responsibility for the failures (or challenges) of the company and at the same time takes complete credit for its success.

I am an extremely experienced turnaround executive but I have my doubts as to whether someone can actually correct the course for this company.

I feel like I dodged a bullet.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard TV and Appliance in March 2016.

Interview

No phone interview. First interview is on site. They didn't tell you how many cycles of interviews they have. Just asked to go their office. The accountant manager is very rude.

Interview Questions

Standard TV and Appliance Response

Jun 22, 2017 – Web Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to review us. However, we weren’t interviewing for an accounting position during that time. Also, our company doesn’t use SAP. Best of luck in your job search.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Standard TV and Appliance (Winston-Salem, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

Flew me to corporate office after initial phone interview. Met with Supervisor and went through a formal interview that became more relaxed. It was clear within the first 20 minutes that I would gel with the department and it would be a great fit.

Interview Questions

• If I would be willing to travel 1/2 to 2/3 of my time.   1 Answer

Human Resource Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Standard TV and Appliance (East Portland, OR) in February 2012.

Interview

Two interviews
    Great experience . Felt at ease listened ,
    Seemed willing to help and mentor when required . One of the best with regards to employers .
    Family owned which is great met owner beats the absentee owners at previous positions I have worked for

Interview Questions

• Ask qualifications , college , general questions .   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Standard TV and Appliance (Portland, OR) in January 2011.

Interview

The entire interview process comprise of a formal interview process involving multiple upper managers. Each manager asked their own independant questions and make note for the next manager. At the end of all management interviews a meeting occur between them and they talk about the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why are you most qualified for this job?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Standard TV and Appliance (Portland, OR) in January 2009.

Interview

Usually there are two interviews. The first one with a store manager, the second with either the general manager or the HR dept or both. They used to be very picky but they have lowered the standards. They are hiring more people that would be happy with an hourly wage. There is very little in the way of training, even if they say they will train you. Usually the salesmen just help the new people out.

Negotiation

You cannot negotiate. The commission structure is what it is and they keep cutting it down.