Stansberry Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2018

3.4

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stansberry Research (Baltimore, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

I had 3 interviews: one with the Senior Accountant, one with the Controller, and one with the Director of Talent Acquisition.

They all asked the basic questions about my experience, "tell me about yourself", why do you want to leave your current position, what are you looking for in your next role, etc. Then, I asked a few questions about the company, learned about the great culture and about the expectations of someone in the Staff Accountant role.

One thing stuck out to me during my interview that I'd really like to share:
    I could hear the most genuine passion in the voices of my 3 interviewers as they spoke about Stansberry, their team, and their experiences there. It was the kind of passion that I knew couldn't be faked. This was very interesting to me, because at the time, I didn't realize you could be so passionate about a job.

However, working here now, I realize it's so much more than just a job. It is a career full of endless opportunity to learn and grow both as a person and as a professional.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stansberry Research in December 2014.

Interview

Phone followed by Face-to-Face. They are an investment firm and are looking for professional dedicated sales people who exhibit integrity. It is a great company under the Agora umbrella. You must stay flexible through the process as well as after being hired. Overall, they will work with you and are genuinely interested in having you hit your personal goals.

Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stansberry Research (Baltimore, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

I had a phone call, took a test online, and then came in for an interview with several people, meeting them 1:1 though out the day. It was very efficient.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stansberry Research (Baltimore, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

Very long process. Several interviews, and lots of questions. Very grueling process, but well worth it, as this is an excellent opportunity. Just be prepared to be grilled. Do your homework, and know what you are talking about.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stansberry Research in May 2017.

Interview

Spoke with the managers on the phone and then they brought me in for a face to face interview in which they got a real for what type of person I am. I also shadowed a current employee for a few minutes.

Interview Questions

• What was it I liked and dislike from my previous positions.   Answer Question