Star Entertainment Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Star Entertainment Group Interview Questions

Updated Nov 23, 2017

2.8

Dealer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Star Entertainment Group.

Interview

Document submit -- Short-listed -- Digital interview -- Group interview -- Offer.
    It takes around 1-2 weeks and you have to prepare the referee cause they will contact them and ask them some questions about you.

Apprentice Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Star Entertainment Group (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

I got a call saying I was listed for a group interview two weeks in advance after a few phone questions. The group interview lasted about two hours. Two days later I got a call saying my referees were being checked and then two more days . I had a easy video recording interview and then after a few days they called saying I had been offered a position. Apart from the wait for the initial interview, the process happened very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Introduce the person sitting next to you, based on a few written questions on a sheet   1 Answer
    • Why do you love Sydney?   1 Answer
    • Had about 15 ingredients you had to identify and write a recipe you could include specified ingredient in   Answer Question

Professional Interview

Interview

Standard process. First interview with members of direct team and then a second interview with members of the business. Second interview was more of a panel format and consisted of more technical questions specific to the role and the business.
     Reference and police checks were also performed.

Gaming Delear Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Star Entertainment Group (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days. Then I got a email link to introduce me to have a video interview. It quite easy, only have 5 questions, but you need a quiet and professional background.

Table Games Dealer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Star Entertainment Group (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2016.

Interview

after applied online, I received a link for video interview. About 1 week later, I was invited to the group interview in Sydney.

There were about 35 candidates showed up on that day. They paired us up and you need to talk with the person sit beside you, then introduce him/her in front of everyone. It followed by a math test and intro about being a dealer at the star.

next, three open question displayed on screen and you need to answer one of them. Questions were like: if you have 1 extra hour, what would you do; if you can have a special view in your bedroom.

finally, one-on-one with a HR

Table Games Dealer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

Interview

After applying online, I received a link for video interview. There are about 5 questions in there, e.g. customer service experience, brief intro.

Then, I was invited to the group interview. there were about 35 candidates on that day. First, you need to talk with the person who sit beside you and then introduce him/her in front of everyone. After that is a math test and a introduction about being a croupier at the star. Next, three open questions display on the scree and everyone have to choose one to answer. e.g. a view that you want to see from your room; a thing that you want to get rid off.

Finally, one on one interview for about 5 mins.

Interview Questions

• a view that you want to see from your room   1 Answer

Casino Dealer (Trainee) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pyrmont (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Star Entertainment Group (Pyrmont (Australia)) in November 2015.

Interview

Upon applying for the trainee table games dealer role through their career website, I was invited to do the video-recording interview. There were three questions to be answered, asking for your previous work experience relevant to this role. No questions specifically were relevant to the technical aspects of the role as it was a role provided fully with its own 4-week training course.
    Having been successful with this occasion, I was again invited for a formal face-to-face interview at their office. The managers and recruiters were there to welcome us and did a easy maths test such as the four fundamental arithmetic operations which took about 10 mins without any access to calculators nor working papers, only not being allowed to write down the answers. we were split in groups of two people and were instructed to find out from each other as to why we were interested in working at the Star as a table games dealer. After having this conversation, each pair had to present to the audience about the findings. Soon after that, interviewer did a semi-formal interview one-to-one which did not last very long, roughly 7-8 mins.

Interview Questions

• In a face-to-face interview.
      What was your previous experience providing exceptional customer services?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Star Entertainment Group (Brisbane (Australia)) in September 2015.

Interview

Two interviews. First was basic background info with HR. Invited for second interview with general manager and a department director ***from a company subsidiary***. Interview room not booked which caused confusion at reception. Given bottled water to drink- no glass- classy stuff. Director admitted during interview they were reading my resume for the first time even though given one week’s advance notice.

Relatively straightforward questions until director started asking a series of questions that were relevant to the subsidiary, but completely irrelevant to the actual position. Answered as best I could although it became increasingly annoying to the point even the general manager asked the director where these questions were going. Not sure if director knew what role they were interviewing applicants for or if this was a mind game exercise to see how much one could tolerate before becoming visibly uncomfortable. Eventually received notification that I was unsuccessful.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this hotel?
      How would yo manage your day?   Answer Question

Croupier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Star Entertainment Group.

Interview

Basic numeracy test 30 simple addition and multiplication questions in 5 mins.
    Group interview consists of watching a couple of presentations one of which introduces you to the company values there are 7 ( positivity, accountability, diversity, transparencey, pride, passion... cant remember last one) after that you get paired up with someone and talk to them for 3 mins and introduce them to the group. Then you are made to answer a random question infront of the group like what would you bring to a deserted island or if you were to be in a movie what movie would it be and what character would you play. After these activities you get your personal one on one interviews. If you know a second language like mandarin after the interview you also have to introduce yourself (in said language )to one of the supervisors.

Croupier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Star Entertainment Group (Sydney (Australia)) in November 2011.

Interview

Started with a color perception test to test whether you were colour blind, followed by a maths test. Then a group interview basically assessing whether you were outgoing or not, followed by a one on one with one of the recruiters.