Starboard Cruise Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starboard Cruise Services Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2017

2.6

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starboard Cruise Services.

Interview

Interview process is lengthy.. I had three interviews with a total of 5 managers, each interview being about 30 minutes. First I spoke with the Merchandising Associate Manager and Merchandising Manager. Then, I met with the Distributor and Sr. Associate Planning Manager for the category. Lastly, the Divisional Merchandise Manager squeezed in time to meet me.

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doral, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starboard Cruise Services (Doral, FL) in September 2015.

Corporate Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doral, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Starboard Cruise Services (Doral, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Very extensive; multiple layers of interviews - all very informative. Interviewing managers work very hard to help you understand the realities of working in the cruise retail business versus other retail businesses. They also work to help you understand the culture, being very transparent about current challenges as well as future opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Experience based questions - tell me about a time when..   1 Answer

Planning Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starboard Cruise Services (Miami, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager in a conference room, who was very pleasant and easy going. Her questions were typical interview questions pertaining to the job. The interview took place in the afternoon around 3 pm. I received an offer the next day. My recruiter completed the skills test/personality check/background check/ etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself working under pressure?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starboard Cruise Services.

Interview

Received an email through my University. I then went on to email my resume along with my cover letter. Heard back from company the next day and was in contact with recruiter. Spoke to Human Resource manager and was scheduled an interview for the next day

Interview Questions

• If operations in Logistics get out of sync how do you get back on track?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starboard Cruise Services (Miami, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online. I got from HR to have a phone interview. After they schedule me for 1 hr interview face to face with 2 managers. The interview came up to be 2 hours. 1 hours for each manager. Then i got another call to see the hr manager, that was another 30 min interview. After that week later they gave me my offer letter. The process took a month.

Interview Questions

• If you have a customer with a broken watch and you know theirs no way to help him. What will you advise the customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiable. They say is 14 to 16. I ask for 16. They gave me 14.

Import Customs Entry Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starboard Cruise Services (Doral, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

They seemed very impressed with my experience and made me feel I was almost in, then next day, was advised another candidate was chosen. The associate manager took down on her checklist all my skills and experience, then the manager came in to go over my resume.

Interview Questions

• Why so many short term positions of recent on my resume   1 Answer

Distributor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starboard Cruise Services (Miami, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online through college career services, phone interview, and then in person interview. Great environment and very helpful/friendly staff.

Retail Store Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Starboard Cruise Services (Miami, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

firstly i had applied online to the recruiter, after that i had called for the personal interview by the recruiter after that i had the final interview with the HR for "starboard cruise"i had given my confirmation letter from the recruiter and finally my papers had been done after 6 months of waiting.

Interview Questions

• whts your per sq fit sale for the store   1 Answer

Negotiation

yes i do tell about my past working experience.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Starboard Cruise Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Had to give a demonstration in selling something. They explained how you got paid and what to expect to work onboard a ship. They were very thorough on what to expect as far as salary and working onboard.