State of Delaware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Delaware Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.9

DMV Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Delaware in July 2016.

Interview

Basic panel interview with three interviewers. Just trying to meet you and see how you deal with people. Also will ask you about OBD. Won't take too long . .

Training Education Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at State of Delaware (Dover, DE) in July 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by section and division-level managers. I made it to the second round of interviews. Everyone on the panel was pleasant which speaks volumes about the agency. Knowledge, experience, leadership skills and the ability to articulate all three is key to being a contender for any position.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions pertaining to the job.   1 Answer

Bank Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State of Delaware (Dover, DE) in March 2016.

Interview

3 People interviewing. It was a panel setting. Several members of a hiring team interviewed me at the same time. What make it difficult was that all members of the panel hear the same response from the applicant, this approach to conducting a job interview makes the decision making process easy for them, but extremely stressful for the candidate.

Education Associate, Deputy Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State of Delaware.

Interview

I applied for this job in the Summer and was contacted back within a few weeks. I received an email following up and asking me to come in for an in-person interview. I was surprised that there was not an initial phone screening, but scheduled an interview date with a hiring manager. Before I go in for interviews, I like to read information on the position, the company, and who my direct supervisor would be. I saw some questionable things about the office and the one supervisor in particular regarding their general demeanor and working style. I contemplated canceling the interview, but decided (against my better judgment) to go.

The building that houses their education department is dark and dank. I arrived twenty minutes before the interview and sat in their lobby area. There wasn't a security guard or front-desk attendant their to greet me, so when it was time for my interview to begin, I had to find their office to inquire when we would start and who I would meet with. 5 minutes after the set interview time, someone came out to the lobby to tell me that they were running late, and they would come out to meet me when the others arrived. When the other two interviewers arrived, they were less than cordial.

When we went to the conference room where interviews were being held, I was told by the person who I would be reporting to (if I took the position) that he did not have enough time to eat lunch before a meeting, so he would be eating lunch during our interview. Who does that?! Over the years, I have worked with several companies and organizations, and I have conducted interviews. I would hesitate to drink too much coffee while conducting an interview, let alone break out an entire lunch and chomp away while someone was speaking. If someone takes the time out of their day to interview for a position within your office, you don't eat while they're speaking. I was instantly turned off, and I knew this interview would not go well. While I was answering questions, the interviewers looked at their phones, interrupted me, and even rolled their eyes. The one felt the need to stop me while I was answering a question and tell me to essentially "get to the point". Before I began working on an exercise, the person that felt the need to eat their lunch during our conversation then got up to use the bathroom! I was extremely irritated at this point, but continued with the rest of the interview. I did not inquire about the position or follow up because there is no way I would ever want to work with such a rude bunch of people.

A month and a half later, I received a letter from the department telling me that the position had been cancelled. No phone calls, no email. Nothing. For a department that represents the State of Delaware, they were extremely unprofessional and rude. I would highly advise not working with them.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what policy is?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Delaware.

Interview

the interview process was like a typical interview. no questions that really tried to stump you. i had 1 phone interview and the second interview was in person. Staff was friendly.

Judicial Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Delaware (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

The interview was with the Judge and her clerk, neither were very personable. They were just reading questions from a check list. The questions were all behavioral & or situational. They didn't even explain or speak about the position until prompted. This is a very poor way to construct an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What is your biggest strength. Name a weakness of yours...   Answer Question

I wasn't fond of the judge or clerk. Didn't seem like an enjoyable office environment

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Delaware (Newark, DE) in June 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy process. I came in and interviewed with a panel of 4 people. All different backgrounds of the State. It was great for the interview because they all brought different questions and aspects to the table.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you do on a day to day basis in your current position.   Answer Question

Disability Determination Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Delaware (New Castle, DE) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call soon after, had a brief phone interview. Went to the office for the in person interview. Panel of 3 people, asking standard questions. provided a writing sample and got fingerprinted. I was interviewing for an entry level job with 8 + years of direct experience. However, by email I was told they went with another candidate. Wow, how many years did I need to get the job?

Engineer II Interview

Interview

Phone interview with 4 individuals. Very easy interview. The interview asked a few behavioral questions and my experience from the resume. Overall, the interview was pretty easy and got an offer in 2 weeks.

Tax Auditor III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State of Delaware in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online on the State of Delaware website, was contacted two weeks later to set up a telephone interview. The online application was pretty concise, gave a broad view of what was expected, but was different from what the job was described to be once the interview began. So essentially, do not rely on the questions posed in the online screening.

Interview Questions

• There was a question asked about bank franchise tax, which is something I am not thoroughly familiar with, but other than that, the questions were the average customer service and analytical skills questions. I was told that the position was more about overseeing procedures as well as policy development which is right up my ally so I'm excited and I was also told that I would be contacted again in two weeks for a second interview.   1 Answer
    • Describe audit controls and how you have handled/prepared for them?   1 Answer