State of Minnesota Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Minnesota Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Minnesota in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted about a month after applying for an interview, the interview played 30-45 minutes, my references were then checked, and then I received an offer. The whole process took about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about process improvement initiatives I've made, HR systems I've used, state law knowledge, and a lot of behavior questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's no negotiation, but I was very pleased with my offer.

Program Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied 2 months prior to being contacted. Was required to answer a set questions pertaining to the positon when contacted. After the answers where reviewed it took about a week to be contacted again for an interview. Interview was basic, no prior phone interview just in person interview. A week later referrences were asked for, request for permission for background check. Also, was asked to speak to current supervisor. Willing to negotiate but not for much more. Basic interview only 2 people in interview. After accepted the on line State of Mn site has some flaws that made it a little challenging to complete without assistance.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by State Prog Admin and Regional Planner. This took 3 weeks from interview to hiring. I was given a paper with interview questions and took notes. After that my interview started and lasted 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• More about Diversity, Outreach and Engagement in Minnesota.   1 Answer

State Program Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Panel interview, several people from the office where I would be working. They took turns asking questions. Most of the questions were related to the job duties and my experience. Weren't really many behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience as it relates to this position.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at State of Minnesota.

Interview

Submitted online application in March (only online applications are accepted). Was called for an initial interview in July, and told that I would be added to candidate pool to then be interviewed by supervisors for specific openings. Didn't have another interview until fall, and finally started work at the very end of October that year.

Interview Questions

• They had candidates do a short computer based exercise, then asked about my experience and how I would react to situations that they described.   Answer Question

Management Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Minnesota in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email for an invitation for an interview about a month after the posting closed. Did a panel interview with 3 supervisors from 3 different sections. Was given 4 single-sided pages of interview questions and 10 minutes to review them. To start the interview, was told to go through the list of questions and answer the questions in any order. Interviewers did not ask any of the questions on the paper. They practically listened to me talk about what I can bring to the table, but did jump in with other related questions periodically.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with a high-stress situation.
      Pick 5 words from the list below that best describes you.
      What is your experience reconciling reports?
      Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

Three people interviewed as a panel. They asked about experience/education. The questions were typical HR questions. They give opportunity for people to write their questions in paper before interview starts to help with the process

Labor Relations Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

Supervisor and her boss interviewed me. Interview lasted 1 hour and was asked 7 questions. I was first offered if I wanted a glass of water. Then it was explained to me they would ask me 7 questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time you had a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Minnesota.

Interview

State application system is very flawed. You have to almost copy and paste the job posting to get by HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate

Jantior Interview

Interview

I do not remember it's been 15 years

Interview Questions

• What can I bring to this company and why should I hire you with the years of experience.   Answer Question