Steadfast Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 23, 2017

2.5

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Steadfast Companies (Louisville, KY) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was straightforward and informational. The regional manager was very friendly and honest. She really left me with the impression that Steadfast cares about their employees and properties. I was insured that I would hear back from her one way or the other next week.

Interview Questions

• What are three words your employees would use to describe you?   Answer Question
    • What would your goal be in the first 90 days of employment?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Steadfast Companies (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with the manager and discussed previous work experience and what I wanted out of the company going forward for about an hour. We discussed the job that's open, all the responsibilities, how I would fit in, and the overall process of the day and office. I went and saw the model apartment and discussed the Springs area. We discussed the property management company and had a really great experience just getting to know each other and focusing on work related issues and questions.

Interview Questions

• What is my favorite part about a Leasing Consultant job?   Answer Question

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Steadfast Companies (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed twice and work for a couple week to see if I was a good fit. She also question
    me about the leasing process and what type of experience do I have

Porter Interview

Interview

Manager was nice and ask could i do the heavy lifting involved with the position. Wanted to know why i was interested in working for their management company. Told me a little about the property. I was told i would receive a second interview but i never did.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in thus position?
      Would you be able to handle the duties of the porter positions?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Steadfast Companies (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Detailed, multi layered and informative. They learned about my experience, I learned about the core values of the company and it's leader. I was asked to evaluate the performance of some assets and met with those that would be my supervisors, those that would report to me, and others that supported my position.

Interview Questions

• Why should I be considered for the position   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Steadfast Companies (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. Quick interview with typical interview questions. I then met with the regional onsite. Longer interview with typical interview questions. These questions often had follow up questions but it was nothing out of the ordinary. The mood was laid back and somewhat relaxed which is what I found reassuring.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage a day with multiple deadlines?   1 Answer

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Steadfast Companies (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application for the position online with an aptitude test. A few weeks later, I was contacted for an interview with the Assistant Manager. I was invited back for a second round interview with the Community Manager. During the second round, we role played a prospect looking for an apartment.

Interview Questions

• -How do you prioritize in a fast paced environment?
      -What do you do when a resident tells you they are having ____ issue?
      -Show me how you would sell me this (random object.)
      -Can your coworkers easily tell when you are in a bad mood?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Steadfast Companies (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I had the opportunity to meet the Regional VP and Regional Manager locally for an in person interview. They made me feel very comfortable and engaged in the conversation. It felt like I had known both for years and we were having a great conversation about work. Later I was flown to California to interview with several others in the corporate office. It was a whirlwind day, but what an incredible experience to meet so many wonderful people. I could tell that they all loved working with Steadfast.

Interview Questions

• One of the most difficult portions of the interview was a speed round of the interviewer saying one word and I had to rely with a one word answer. This was difficult as I like to engage in conversation... It was a fun experience.   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steadfast Companies.

Interview

I was interviewed on site for about two and a half hours, which seemed excessive. There were many questions regarding how I would handle specific situations both with residents and on site staff. After about a two week wait I was contacted for a second interview with one of my initial interviewer's peers. That interview was conducted by phone and was approximately 30 minutes. It reviewed many of the same questions asked in my initial interview, almost as if the interviewers were using the same script. Overall the interviewers were very professional even if they were a bit redundant. It took almost four weeks to receive the job offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a resident who is causing a scene in the leasing office?   Answer Question
    • Do you believe in drinking with your staff after hours?   Answer Question
    • How would you counsel an underperforming staff member?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I asked for a higher salary based on my experience level and was essentially told that if I wanted the position I would have to accept it at the budgeted salary.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Steadfast Companies in February 2015.

Interview

I missed a call from their HR Agent, so i call back and left a message. I emailed her and requested a call back or if what time can i call so we can discuss my application. She emailed back and gave me specific time to call her I called several time but unfortunately she never answered my call.