Steel Dynamics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Steel Dynamics

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Steel Dynamics.

Interview

Pretty simple, got asked about my prior experiences. Asked about my resume and what I see my self doing in the future. Great company that truly cares about their employees.

Interview Questions

• What type of projects have you worked on in the past internship?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Steel Dynamics (Fort Wayne, IN).

Interview

The interview process lasted almost two months and consisted of a phone interview, two onsite meeting with six different individuals as well as personality testing consisting of five lengthy tests along the lines of Myers Briggs and a general essay type question sheet.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about SDI? What are your weaknesses? Tell me about a time when a member of a team didn't do their part on a project, what did you do, how did you solve it? Tell me about a project you were involved in that you feel proud of your contribution? Tell me about a time when a boss criticized your work, what was the outcome? What is your desired salary? When can you start (possibly a question to see if you are loyal to your current employer)? Why do you want to work for SDI?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Steel Dynamics (Fort Wayne, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

Panel interview with the audit team, conversational, they were all extremely nice and made me feel welcome. They all took turns asking me a question and didn't try to trip me up and confuse me. Like I said they were all very nice

Interview Questions

• What type of sports team would I fit in on Basketball, football, or baseball   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Steel Dynamics (Duluth, MN) in August 2014.

Interview

On-line application process, followed by a phone call to confirm interest and to set up a written testing date. The exam consisted primarily of basic math, reading comprehension and spacial association. After passing the exam you would move to the interview phase which was three sessions with one interviewer in each session.

Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia City, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Steel Dynamics (Columbia City, IN).

Interview

4 interview process

Summer Grounds Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsboro, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steel Dynamics (Pittsboro, IN) in May 2013.

Interview

Very laid back and calm atmosphere.
    One on one interview with one of the managers.
    Questions about the work you would be performing.
    Ensured you that if you didn't know how to do something you would be taught how to do it in the safest manner.
    Dress was business casual.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever ran a weedeater?   1 Answer