Stereo D Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stereo D Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stereo D (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I showed current demo reel. We then discussed my current demo reel, and the process that went into creating the elements for each shot of my demo reel. Also discussed the tasks that would be required of me if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about relocation and based on demo reel.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stereo D (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was in depth and very informative. Parties both in Los Angeles and Toronto helped me go from looking for work to accepting an offer. The company overall helped get the right work documents so I may move to Toronto for work. The only downside was the legal process which is out of their hands and with the Canadian government.

Interview Questions

• Past experience and education.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stereo D (Burbank, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Emailed them describing my interest and outlining my skills. Received an email back from the recruiter to setup a time and date for a phone interview. 2 Days Later I interviewed and got the job with a start date 1 week from the interview date.

Interview Questions

Interview

Not a super tough interview–they mainly just wanted to learn about what experience I had, including questions about what software and VFX techniques I was familiar with. They also asked about working on a team doing demanding work with tight deadlines. Even though I didn't have a ton of experience with clean plates, I think they were impressed by my variety of VFX skills and eagerness to learn.

Depth Artist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stereo D.

Interview

It was a phone interview with 2 Stereographers, one producer, and the head of the production. It was a great interview where we basically swapped experience, they asked me what I do, how I do it, and gave me a scenario and asked me how I would approach it. We spoke about how I handle myself in a team, what experience have I had in the field, and how I do under stress and long hours. Overall, it went really well.

Interview Questions

• They listed several software programs I was unaware of. Although, little experience, they suggested I do some tutorials. Since I had a lot of experience in other programs, they were happy to continue the process.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stereo D in April 2014.

Interview

They basically lied about the length of the contract but the interview was so easy. I basically did everything in my power not to get the job including missing the skype interview time and date, and even with that being said I still got it. Not sure if they even looked at my reel.

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stereo D (Burbank, CA).

Interview

I had one phone interview with the recruiter. I then had one with the Lead in charge of the project.

Interview Questions

• know the job your applying for they ask technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a bit one sided, i needed a job.

Depth Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stereo D in November 2013.

Interview

I had a sit down interview with an artist and a recruiter. The recruiter to see if I was a good fit and the artist to see if I knew my stuff. It was very basic, just asked about my demo reel and whatnot, though none of my demo reel pertained to the job I would actually be doing for them. Got an offer email about 2-3 weeks after my interview saying I would need to fly out and complete a week long training. The training was pass/fail. If you are comfortable with learning quickly or know Nuke the test was a breeze.

Interview Questions

• Just pay attention during the training and you will do fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stereo D (Burbank, CA).

Interview

I had a friend who already worked at Stereo D refer me.

The interview was pretty easy going, under 15 minutes. Everyone is required to take part in a mandatory training/testing session that will last 1 week. Your performance here will decipher if you are fully hired or not.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the norm. It will all come down to your experience.   Answer Question

Roto-Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stereo D (Burbank, CA).

Interview

They would have a few people in the room. A few supervisors. Ask what you have done in the past. The type of software you use and if you are willing to learn there software.

After the interview, they do a week of "testing" and even during this week, you dont necessarily have the job. If at the end of the week, you don't preform at the level they want, you don't get the job. Kinda stressful for someone that has never done stereo-conversion before.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was asked what kind I was looking for. And I gave them a range. I would recommend to give them a range. They will always try and "low-ball" you for a range around $13. Try not to give in to that.