Stetson University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stetson University Interview Questions

1.5

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gulfport, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stetson University (Gulfport, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

I was called over the phone and asked questions about how I qualify for the job. This was through their HR department. A few days later I got a call requesting that I prepare a 5 minute presentation in 1.5 days. On the day of the presentation, I went to HR and they brought me to the library to meet the other members of the office and give the presentation. Before actually giving the presentation, they go to know me better. I elaborated on all my experience and passion for this particular field. The following Monday I got an offer. I started about two weeks later.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stetson University (Deland, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

The questions were very basic (cookie-cutter) and did not touch on my skills or abilities. It was very one-sided. The interviewers seemed bored. I was not allowed to ask questions at the end and was actually rushed out the door. I was brought in for a "second interview" which turned out to be the job offer. The salary was firmly non-negotiable: take it or leave it.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength/What is your greatest weakness; Where do you see yourself in five years; Why do you want to work here, What do you know about Stetson   1 Answer

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stetson University (Gulfport, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

interview was too much to handle, had a panic attack, couldnt do it , threw up, wanted to quit before i ever started, wouldnt ever want to do that again, couldnt handle it, dont want to be filling this thing out right now but have to in order to complete the profile.

Web Applications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stetson University in October 2014.

Interview

This was a panel interview. The questions were run-of-the-mill and read from a printed sheet. They included your greatest weakness, etc. No surprises. The second interview was the actual job offer. Salary is not discussed until the second interview. I was given a figure that could not be negotiated, which was odd.

Interview Questions

• "Why should we believe you won't leave after one year?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. take it or leave it.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in De Land, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stetson University (De Land, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Intensive. Full day of interiews with various departments. Difficult to always know who I was talking to/why, but it was abundantly clear that there was cohesion among different offices. Was asked to give a presentation for a group of people from student life. Met with faculty, students, and coaches.

Assistant Professor Interview

Interview

Overall, my interviewing experience was pretty good and fairly typical. It was a multi-day visit consisting of research presentation, teaching demonstration, and miscellaneous meetings, meals & gatherings. Nothing was unusual with the visit itself, although there were many things which could have been improved and better organized. The visit went well, even if many of the events were poorly attended and the schedule changed frequently.

Unfortunately, the hiring process raised more questions than it answered. Many things, even at early stages, were non-negotiable, and I hesitate to provide details that ultimately might identify me or others. However, I can say that faculty, staff & administrators never seemed genuinely interested in me as an individual or as a future colleague. Moreover, I got the distinct impression that a hiring decision had been made prior to my visit. Finally, it became clear that politics were the order of the day: Many faculty seemed united in a common view of the political nature of the world in which they worked, and they seemed to be playing games with administrators, with each other, and with faculty candidates. I was shocked by many of the conversations I had as others as a candidate, and I left Deland quite literally shaking my head.

Parenthetically, a previous employee review suggests there are un-addressed ethical issues and that faculty are over-worked. I concur on both accounts. Not only was that a my own assessment after my visit (and before I read that review), it was confirmed in conversations with others afterwards. Suffice it to say, candidates should do their own research, talk to people in their networks, and keep their eyes & ears open.

In spite of the lukewarm reception, I liked the community, campus, students, staff and faculty. However, I dreaded the thought of working there.

Lead Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deland, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stetson University (Deland, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

It was very casual since all the professors knew me and my work ethic. I just had to explain why I thought I would be best for the role over a fellow student

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stetson University (Deland, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview was run by the department supervisor and a student employee. The student employee was there for no reason and wasted time asking pointless questions. The interview was about half an hour long and very simple. The interview was not challenging and mostly consisted of the supervisor telling me how to do an online personality quiz.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used a computer   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gulfport, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stetson University (Gulfport, FL) in April 2010.

Interview

I was called and set up an appointment for an in-person intervene. I met with what would be my immediate supervisor. I was asked basic questions: tell me about yourself, your experience related to this job, where you see yourself in the future, what do you enjoy about this position. Then we chatted briefly as we got along well.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very simple and I didn't find any of them to be difficult. Maybe where I saw myself in the future, probably because I was still young and wasn't sure.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't. I asked if there was room for negotiation and they simply said no, the hiring rate was set and it was $13 / hr. I was also naive about negotiation