Stratus Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stratus Technologies Interview Questions

Product Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maynard, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stratus Technologies (Maynard, MA).

Interview

Straight forward interview process. They were great at communicating up-front their process and following up throughout (most companies are not good at this). Met with different people across the organization. They were diligent in reference checks.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with Hardware products   Answer Question
    • How do you approach change management with   1 Answer

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stratus Technologies in October 2014.

Interview

I applied for the role back in September 2014 and had no response for a couple of weeks. They contacted me with some questions about salary expectations and availability. I had a great phone screen with HR and went through a rigorous online interview. I then progressed to in person interviews which went as expected for a Management position. They told me I had to come in one more time but then kept me waiting for several weeks. It was not until November I was told I was unsuccessful. I feel the hiring process is broken and in this buoyant market they need to be more responsive and honest with interviewees.

Interview Questions

• The online portion of the interview consisted of audio and video recording of timed questions that were presented to you online.   Answer Question

Senior Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maynard, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stratus Technologies (Maynard, MA).

Interview

An "angel" within the company brought me in and got the position created. People were overworked and looking for relief. Once I was on board there was little training and it was assumed that I could figure things out myself. I still can't believe I took this job and wasted years of my life.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They still managed to screw me even though they gave me everything I asked for. They brought me in at the wrong job classification level (too low) so I would not get raises.

Anonymous Employee in Maynard, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stratus Technologies (Maynard, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview process was fine. HR contacted me initially and then set up a technical phone screen. That went well and I was invited in to meet with a few people. I thought the interview was thorough. the people were nice. HR greated me and then kept checks through the morning to keep things on track. I was surprised at how much they knew about the department

Interview Questions

• I was asked to provide an example of a time I failed on a project or deliverable, how I handled it and what I learned from it - something like that. I pride myself in quality so it was hard to think of a real failure (and I was not sure I really wanted to share it)   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offer was good there was nothing to negotiate. They met my expectations

Technology Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stratus Technologies in October 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with basic questions regarding technical ability; face to face with numerous peers and management to dig deeper into knowledge and personality. Fair process, treated with respect and overall atmosphere was very friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Maynard, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stratus Technologies (Maynard, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

Met with hiring manager, HR and some of the engineering team. Each person was prepared. They were mostly half hour meetings so not too much time but the process still took almost 3 hours

Interview Questions

• Not too difficult, they did probe to get a feel for my level of technical understanding. Also HR asked questions to see how I would fit into the company I beleive   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stratus Technologies in January 2010.

Interview

Phone screen and onsite interview; individual interviews with group interaction with peers and leaders from local and home office. This was a whole day process, arriving in the morning, meeting local leader for more personal interview, then meet with peers for a bit more technical screening and then some team members to interact and see fit within the organization.

Interview Questions

• Sharing experience on how you improved the teams performance at your current or former position   Answer Question

Professional Services Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stratus Technologies (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2008.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager, met some members of the team, and met the hiring manager 2 days later and he presented me with an offer ($105,000 k/yr). This salary is high for Stratus as I found out later. Stratus is not a very dynamic company. First impressions are usually correct and on my first day I thought "wow what a bunch of fossils that work here" and I was correct as I progressed working there. This company lacked vision, dynamics, and good leaders. The leadership was not even mediocre but flat out terrible. I also met the CEO and was not impressed one bit. I would not recommend this company for people who seek dynamics and advancement opportunities in thier careers. As one employee put it to me, he said that Stratus is like fly paper, you land and you're stuck and he was absolutely true from being ther 10+ years.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stratus Technologies in May 2012.

Interview

Submitted my resume and heard back within 2-3 weeks. I had a brief call with HR and then a more technical call with the hiring manager. When I came in for the formal interview I met with several people including HR, hiring manager and members of the department. The interview was a bit long, but fairly thorough. They had quite a bit of techfnical questions but nothing too difficult

Interview Questions

• no surprise questions. They did ask a lot of specifics to understand my technical knowledge   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a good offer not a lot of negotiation

Vice President Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stratus Technologies in December 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by an executive recruiter. There were 2 phone screens. One with the outside recruiter, then one with the inside recruiter. I had an initial 1 on 1 interview with a key influencer to the hiring executive. Then a half day of 1 on 1s, followed by a full day of 1 on 1s. The process was a little on the slow side. I've seen better, but I've also seen worse.

Overall I was impressed but I wasn't sure they had the conviction to make the transformation they needed to do to succeed. But the final straw was actually the head of HR (Delfi Nieta). She really turned me off to the company. She wasn't impressive at all. A clear example of being promoted behind her skills...and she was arrogant to boot. My conclusion was that if the CEO could have someone like her on his staff, it wasn't a place for me.