Student Painters, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Student Painters, LLC

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Student Painters, LLC (New York, NY).

Interview

Info session
    2 round of interviews, with phone calls in between
    I also had to prepare a business plan for 2nd interview
    Also got to talk with past interns and review their experience

Interview Questions

• What's you WHY factor in life?   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Student Painters, LLC in August 2013.

Interview

Information meeting, Second interview for expectations, and Third interview you are hired. They set expectations high so you know what you are getting yourself into. There is a 0-10 rating in interest after the information meeting and this determines if you are selected for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• When where you in a leadership role and had to make decisions.   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Student Painters, LLC.

Interview

There are two different phases of the interview process. The first interview is very casual, basically a good time for the candidate to get to know the company and for the company to make sure they understand the commitment and get to know the candidate a bit as well. The second interview is a lot more serious. By the time candidates get to the second interview, they have narrowed down their selection of candidates from about 500 to usually 6. After the second interview, usually half of those 6 are hired. They are this selective because a lot of people can run a business, but not every one of them can be successful. They are very good at finding those that CAN be successful, so then after hiring them it is their job to MAKE them successful.

Interview Questions

• They ask about your previous leadership, previous managers that you've had, what you liked/disliked about them.   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Student Painters, LLC in October 2013.

Interview

Applied. Called for interview. One interview with a state manager. Very typical interview with behavioral/ situational questions. It's very straightforward they want to see if you can lead people, so they're judging you based on your leadership qualities, attributes, and experiences. Does this person have the intelligence and motivation to run their own painting branch/business. Be prepared to have stories where you took charge of a situation. You really don't need any quality past experiences. They like people into sports and leaders in clubs. They like people who take initiative.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you went above and beyond the call of duty and displayed leadership qualities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in High Point, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Student Painters, LLC (High Point, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview and then two sit down interviews. Both were laid back. It was very personal and they start with a phone interview then sit you down with a regional manager or vice president for a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Student Painters, LLC (Bloomington, IN) in October 2013.

Interview

Initial call out meeting and very casual, then a professional 1v1 typical format interview followed by a phone interview. They were always very personable and not too strict to a format but they basically covered the general strengths/weaknesses and tell me about yourself guidelines. I was quick to hear back and move through the process. There a lot of mandatory meetings for trainings and stuff that they don't specifically tell you about. Throughout a lot of things kind of get sprung on you as a branch manager that I found to be sneaky and schemey, but ultimately it made me a lot more confident with business.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you faced a problem and how you solved it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Student Painters, LLC (Columbus, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

I received an email from Student Painters about an information session. I attended the information session and let them know I was interested. I then was invited to an interview with a District Manager. (Manager of Branch Managers), and then selected from that interview process to the regional manager (over the state of Ohio). After that interview, I received a call a few days later letting me know I had been offered the job.

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Student Painters, LLC (Dayton, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

There was a former employee that came in and talked with one of my classes. After signing up and receiving an email, I met for an information session that they explained what I would be doing over the summer. I interviewed with the Regional Manager and then moved onto the General Manager for the final interview. After those interviews, I was hired as a summer Branch Manager.

Interview Questions

• What situation have you been in that you were faced with a challenge and overcame it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Student Painters, LLC (Columbia, SC) in October 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. They are most interested in how hungry you are to succeed and your people skills. Management experience helps but is not necessary. Sometimes the first interview is more casual, but I would suggest wearing a tie to both. The second interview is in front of two or three people and can be a little intimidating but it's not too bad.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to succeed?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Student Painters, LLC (Athens, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Ir's a two step interview process. Each interview was a one on one interview. They were fairly easy. You are interviewed by an executive manager. He grades you more on his own perspective of your potential to run a business rather than your past experience and interview.

Interview Questions

• What past experience do you have with business   1 Answer