Suburban Propane Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Suburban Propane Interview Questions

2.3

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Suburban Propane in January 2016.

Interview

Phone Screen, Phone Interview, Face to Face Interview. I read the last 10K and went through all of their website pages. Ran over the scheduled time by 45 minutes and thought everything was going well. I found out later that they were hiring an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Situational examples of how I dealt with problems in the past.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Suburban Propane (Syracuse, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

The process was very brief as I have a lot of customer service in my background.I didn't have call center experience though. I will say that there was a huge focus on the attendance policy. I was told that even if I am going to be a minute late I have to let the employer know.

Interview Questions

• Do I like working with people?
      How do I handle upset customers?   1 Answer

Area II Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eldersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Suburban Propane (Eldersburg, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

First a phone interview with current Safety Manager who has a Chemical Engineering Degree. Next a face to face at a Regional Office in Maryland. Met with several people and was offered position. Was assured they had high safety and environmental standards. This was a complete fabrication once on the job. Lazy, unaccountable facility managers. Serious safety issues everywhere you turn. Do not challenge the status quo. It will not be received well and you will be terminated.

Interview Questions

• Descibe your safety background.   1 Answer

Senior Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Suburban Propane (East Syracuse, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Initial interview with finance manager. Very nice lady, open and honest, wants to find the best fit for the position.
    Second interview with two high executives and finance manager. Again very informative and easy to talk too.
    Third interview with the finance director. Same situation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They really want to make you comfortable and happy.

Operational Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Suburban Propane (Whippany, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

Contact was by phone to set up a personal interview. Directions and a confirmation are emailed. The HR department is in a separate building and you are first screened and questioned by a recruiter there. If you pass that you are sent to the main building to meet with various managers from the department you are applying to. Everyone is very team oriented. A little nerve racking waiting in the lobby to be seen.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were straight from the "top 25 interview questions"   Answer Question

Was not enough pay.

CSC Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Suburban Propane (Frisco, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

was very lengthy and asked job specific questions. There was a phone interview from an HR manager from the west coast, then I was asked to come to Frisco, TX, I drove but they flew in over 50 canidates from all over the United States for this interview, I then had 3 different panel interviews, I went home and then was asked to complete a personality test. About a week later, I was offered the job after my background was cleared.

Interview Questions

• Asked job specific questions and scenarios of employee problems and how you would handle them.   1 Answer

CSC Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rutland, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Suburban Propane (Rutland, VT) in April 2012.

Interview

Consisted of a series of test both on the internet and in person.
    Face to face interview was short and not particularly in-depth.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important responsibilities of a manager?.   1 Answer

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Suburban Propane (Whippany, NJ) in August 2009.

Interview

Emailed resume to current employee, received interview in a few days.

Mid Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Suburban Propane in October 2009.

Interview

I was called by an HR member who found my resume on Monster. He gave me a bout a 20 minute phone interview and then invited me to a one day panel interview to be held at a local hotel a few days later. The panel interview consisted of 2 different panels with 3 interviewers each. You only advanced to the second interview if the panel decided you 'passed' the first one. The second panel asked more precise questions about experience related to the job and also 'what would you do' type questions. They presented a sample one page P&L document and asked if I knew what that was and whether or not I could go over it with them on a surface level. Finally after I passed that I was directed to still another room where a series of skills assessments were conducted on a computer. Skills were basic business math and also Excel. A personality test was also given.... A few days later I was offered the job!

Interview Questions

• Do you know what this P& L statement is? Can you tell us what line X is used for and whether or not it is positive to the company's bottom line or negative?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were not an option for this position