Sugar Mountain Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sugar Mountain Interview Questions

2.6

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sugar Mountain.

Interview

First, an email to set up phone screen was received. Recruiter addressed the email to the wrong name. During the phone screen, the recruiter had a condescending tone, talking down to the applicant. The culture described by the recruiter did not match the recruiter's behavior. The recruiter also repeatedly asked if the applicant understood her logic about why the applicant's background did not fit the position applied for. Recruiter did not seem to understand common practices within the industry.

After providing background on the department, it appears half the department had recently left the company. The recruiter then tried to offer to interview for an entry-level position that was also being hired for. Applicant declined the offer and retracted interest in the company.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sugar Mountain (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

First interview went great and was contacted within a week, like she said she would, about next steps. Was asked back for second interview with CFO. She was 15 minutes late to the interview and was not prepared. Very frustrating as I felt I had to force feed her the information I though she needed to know. Was told I would hear something within the week. Heard nothing from them after that. It would have been nice if I had at least received an email letting me know I was not selected.

Interview Questions

Sugar Mountain Response

Mar 9, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We have recently made several changes to our recruiting process, ensuring that the candidate experience is a positive one.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sugar Mountain (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was rather disorganized. It was explained that the Human Resources director who interviewed me had only started in his position with the company a few weeks prior. He did not have a good understanding of what the job he was interviewing me consisted of. The person I had been told would be interviewing me contacted my actual interviewer by phone while we were sitting together to let him know she would not make it back to the office to participate in the interview. Despite my follow-up emails and phone calls to both HR contacts, I was never given a response of any kind. It was very disappointing as this is a group of companies that I have a lot of respect and admiration for. I would have, at the very least, appreciated a short email to let me know not to wait on them.

Interview Questions

• Why was I interested in working for this company.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sugar Mountain (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn for this position. I did an initial phone screen with an internal recruiter and it went fine. Went in for the first in person and while the executive sounded a bit crazy I was still interested. I never heard back after a couple follow up emails. Then the recruiter whom I had initial
    contact with disappeared from LinkedIn completely! Seems like a cool work space and office but a mess otherwise!

Interview Questions

• Why Sugar Mountain? Do you adapt to lots and lots of change?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sugar Mountain (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

The woman interviewing me, who would have been my manager, seemed to be looking for a personality type rather than qualifications. She kept asking if I could be perky and cheerful and was not as interested in discussing my experience or references. I was not offered the job but to be honest, I don't think I wanted it after that interview.

Interview Questions

Sugar Mountain Response

Mar 9, 2016 – HR Manager

We are sorry your experience interviewing was such a negative experience. Here at Sugar Mountain, we strive to find the best possible candidates when we have an opening. Finding someone that is not... More

AR/GL Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sugar Mountain (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I got the phone interview today and was not impressed. I've had quite a few interviews. The phone interviewer didn't sound very enthused to be there. Also the interviewer had no knowledge of accounting and seemed like she was reading off of a script.

The one suggestion I have, if you want to hire an AR Person, have an a person from the actual Accounting Team do the interviewing because the interviewer didn't know what she was talking about and her confidence in answering the questions were sub par at least.

Interview Questions

• What the difference is between the City Ledger and General Ledger? As I don't work in accounting, it's not really translating for me.   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sugar Mountain.

Interview

I got a call from the manager about a week after dropping off my resume. I showed up at the discussed time and they asked me a few questions. The actual interview lasted about 5 minutes.