Sunbelt Environmental Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sunbelt Environmental

Heavy Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sunbelt Environmental (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

I found out about the job through Indeed and was contacted by the, now CEO, about an operating job. My interview was with someone else who was over the equipment. I thought the interview went well, but looking back there were some tell tell signs. We talked about what equipment I had experience running and my current goals. One of the things we went over was the equipment the company had. The supervisor conducting the interview told me they no longer had excavators because they were "too hard to move". Which is true but looking back as somone who wants to operate as much as possible it isnt a good sign. Excavators are far more productive than backhoes and companies that do a lot of digging prefer excavators over backhoes. After the interview the super told me he had to talk to the CEO and after approval would bring me on and see "how well I can throw dirt". I didn't get to touch a machine till almost three months later, nothing but labor. Since then I've only operated a few times because there arn't hardly any jobs that require heavy equipment. I'm a highly skilled operator making laborers pay and breaking my back because the interviewer was not upfront about the job or the pay. Speaking of pay, less than half the average for my area.

Interview Questions

• What kind of equipment are you experienced on?   1 Answer
    • What kind of pay are you seeking?   1 Answer