Sunrun Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sunrun (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Group interview with others where the overview of the posiition was presented, and the compensation for the job was outlined. The whole thing took about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to engage customers.   1 Answer

Lead Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sunrun (Baltimore, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

It was very easy going got a lot of good info on the company and shared what I could bring to company ,It was very easy going got a lot of good info on the company and shared what I could bring to company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrun (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter Screen, Phone Screen and then onsite.

Phone Screen: Reverse in place “one two three” -> “three two one”

First round is Java Questions. Final, Finally, Finalize,
    Second round is Spring. Describe when a service should be created at start-up or initialized lazily? Explain Authentication - Basic, Digest. And autherization: OAuth2
    Third: List what a new service requires and what technologies you would consider. (Caching, Data layer, Logging, Code coverage, Static Analysis, Metrics, Authentication)
    Fourth: SQL Update Statement. Optimistic Locking vs Pessimistic Locking. Drawbacks of ORM.
    Fifth: VP of Eng. You get to ask questions about the future of the company.

Interview Questions

• Find all pairs of numbers with min difference. (1 2 5 8 9) -> [[1,2][8,9]]   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrun (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Getting an Onsite Interview is pretty easy. The screens before that is just to make sure you're not crazy. Once you're there they are pretty standard questions. I would definitely know the technologies they use and what sunrun does and possibly how it differs from other solar companies.
    It was annoying that they would not tell me if I got an offer or not and kept on postponing telling me until I pressured them in to giving me some sort of update.

Interview Questions

• I don't really want to say because I signed an NDA, but know your JS fundamentals and their tech stack   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sunrun (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone call followed by onsite. The interview was from 10-2. They made no effort to provide lunch. I asked one interviewer about lunch and he (in front of me) asked the next interviewer to take me to lunch. Not only did she not take me to lunch, she asked me a really hard problem - epitome of a hostile interviewer - seems she did not like me from the start and made sure I wouldn't get the job on two counts (hunger and difficult problem). This was a good read on company culture.

Interview Questions

• telephone word combinations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

Easy phone interview, answer all the easy questions they ask in the onsite interview.but get no reply. When you ask them, an automatic system email will be sent to you. Don't waste time on this company. They did not respect candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrun (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter after a job fair. They set me up with a short personality phone screening. After that they set up a 45 minute technical phone interview with me, and then an onsite interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sunrun (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

HR screen, followed by a same day technical phone screen. Onsite interview the next week was well organized and enjoyable. I had an assigned room, with a rotation of interviewers from various teams and roles. Everyone is friendly - not a hostile interviewer in the bunch. I did get thrown off by a few questions on technologies I haven't worked on, but most of the questions were softballs for any experienced developer.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Got email from HR to setup a phone interview with hire manager. Ask some genereal java and javascript questions;

Interview Questions

• What is final, finailze in java? Difference with "==" and "===" in javascript.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrun.

Interview

challenging line of questions. Definitely got the sense that its a high caliber team.