Sunrun Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sunrun Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview

Interview

I applied on Ziprecruiter, and the recruiter for the company e-mailed me on Friday and we set up a phone interview for Monday at 12:00. He never called me. Very unprofessional on the part of the employer. I would never go work for them, it left a bad impression.

Safety Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrun.

Interview

Not particularly interested in your knowledge, but more so with whether or not you will follow a lead irrespective of whether it's legal or illegal. Basically, if your willing to "look the other way", you're their guy.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I were wiling to follow directives.   1 Answer

Retail Solar Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrun.

Interview

The following process took 2 weeks.
    Started with a phone interview. Went well. Was sent to the office for an interview. Dress was business casual and was told it would be a group interview. Was interviewed by a girl in a t-shirt and jeans and no one else. Followed up over the phone with hiring manager. She was supposed to call me at 2 but didn't call until around 3:30 because she was moving (not sure why she made an appointment if she was busy). Scheduled a second interview on the phone with someone in charge of the retail end. Discussed pay and such. Had another follow up with the hiring manager. Voiced my concern about pay (I'd be taking a $20,000 pay cut). She offered to see about another position. I told her I would think about it. She said she would call me back. Never did. I reached out to her finally and she called back. She arranged another interview (not sure why) and that I needed to take an assessment. This was at 7pm. She asked when I was available for an interview and I told her I would be on Wednesday. She said she would let me know the time of the interview. By Tuesday I still had not heard from her. Messaged her in the afternoon, got a text that evening saying that the interviewer didn't have anything open on Wednesday. After telling her that Wednesday was my only free day, she got me in at 4pm and told me she would send me the assessment in an email. Didn't get the email until 10:30 that night. The next day the interviewer said I should be an RSA for 4 months and then do outside sales (which was what I was told every single time). Hiring manager was supposed to call me back today (2 days post interview) after 4. I messaged (which she requested) her at 4:37 to say I was still available. No call. Messaged again, she was in a meeting. At 7pm I texted her to let her know I was no longer interested in the position because everything was so disorganized. She acted surprised.

Interview Questions

• how do you overcome hesitations   1 Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Interview

They called me a half dozen times to confirm I was interested in interviewing over a 4 week period and said they would follow up with an email to schedule. Never happened, just the same call over and over. I finally stopped bothering to answer. These guys have multiple class action suits against them as well. Terrible business.

Public Relations Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrun (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Initial phone screen with HR. Interview scheduled a few days later with the supervisor for the position, who turned out to be not available, so call was with instead a branding guy (creator of their HORRIBLE new logo). He called 10 minutes late (10:10 a.m.). He could not find my resume. Disorganized and seemingly put off with the task of an interview. Asked me to recite my background. A few general back and forth Q&As about my knowledge of the position and the company and how my experience fit for the position (frankly, my background was ideal for the job so the odd interview was even more unfortunate).. He then abruptly ended call at 10:25 a.m. as I was answering a question mid-sentence (first sentence, in fact). Just said "Thank you" and hung up. Very, very odd call.

Interview Questions

• Asked me what I knew about Sunrun (not difficult or unexpected...none of the questions were).   Answer Question

Material Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrun.

Interview

-Began with a brief phone interview followed by a face to face interview on site.
    -Asked a few basic excel competency questions
    -There was no response or contact whatsoever after the interview- very much both rude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Some excel competency questions, ie. how to sum specific instances in a column of data.   Answer Question

Solar Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sunrun (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

After two phone interviews, I was asked to come in to meet a manager. The manager and I briefly talked about things mostly unrelated to work. I received a call offering me the job later that day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sunrun?   1 Answer

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sunrun (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Nine interviews with the customer care team and their management, in the span of one day, after meeting hiring manager in person at the HQ in SF. Was given my offer letter at the end of the interviews.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrun (Temecula, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Initially was contacted by company but we played phone tag a couple of times but he was great at returning my calls.

During the phone interview I was made to feel as if I already had the position and the meetings were a formality. I was told my start date, explained benefits, pay structure and benefits. After having my on phone interview I was moved forward to what was supposed to be a one on one interview. I arrived 20 minutes early and introduced myself. I was made to wait until the interview time when I was told that it would be a double interview for who would "fight for who will want me more."

I sat in this conference room being grilled with "Tell me a time when..." and being made to feel inferior since I had previous experience. I would think that having some experience from the industry would be a positive thing when trying to build a larger team but the whole time I sat in this hot conference room I was made to feel like I knew nothing but these young kids that have been promoted without proper experience or training.

After I left the interview I contacted my recruiter to ask about the next steps and to thank him for arranging the interview and to this date I have not heard back from anyone there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you messed up.   Answer Question
    • if offered a position with no company lads at all.... would you take it?   Answer Question

Drafter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrun (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

was described what I would be doing, shown documentation of previous work i had done, toured the office and warehouse, given a short test regarding my skills. Shown what a plan set for the company looked like.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what renewable energy is and what it does?   1 Answer