Sunrun Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sunrun Interview Questions

Interviews at Sunrun

2.5

Associate PV Systems Designer Interview

Interview

3 interviews. The first was with recruiter to make sure I fit the minimum requirements. The second was with a recruiter about engineering concepts. The third was to see what team I would fit best in.

Interview Questions

• Describe what string and micro inverters are.   1 Answer

Retail Solar Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sunrun (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2020.

Interview

I was reached out through linked in. Interviewed with the manager through Google Meet. The interview included behavioral and situational questions. Lasted about 20 minutes. The offer is granted a week later.

Interview Questions

• In your previous job, how did you increase sales for the company. Also, how do you interact with customers?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sunrun in November 2020.

Interview

Was contacted off LinkedIn by recruiter - I wasn't even looking for a job. Position sounded intriguing so met with key leader on first virtual interview and was well-addressed and questions were appropriate and did a good job of "selling" the role. Secondary with a key member of current team and that one felt more "checklisty" and lacked real connection - felt like it was just "tell me about a time"...but they didn't actually care about the answers as they just went to the next one quickly. Last interview was very productive as it was a key leader of the role and was more in-depth and to the point with details and felt really pursued and needed at that point.

Entry Sales Interview

Interview

The interview process started over phone with an introduction convo. We then scheduled a time to meet with a regional manager for further background, situational questions, and information about the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your history in sales?   1 Answer

Solar Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

Seemed like a good company. They wanted me to do entry level sales and my experience was beyond that, based on my experience as a business owner and previous sales. I decided to not move on with any further interviews.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous sales experience.   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrun.

Interview

Quick and easy interview process. They ask the same questions repeatedly in different forms, and it's pretty exhausting finding different ways to tell the same story. They've got a pretty standard interview format, and they'll ask those typical hard questions about your previous employment responsibilities and how you handled them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had trouble communicating something and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Solar Installer Interview

Interview

The hiring process was very simple and straight forward. Got a call for an in person interview. Attended the interview shared my work related experience and about a week later I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• They ask if you have construction experience or background .   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

Step up through the ranks via zoom beginning with the corporate recruiter being asked typical questions. This led to 4 interviews in total being finalized with a short phone call with regional manager

Interview Questions

• If I was given 30k and free reign, what would I spend It on for lead generation   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Good interview but avoided answering why high turnover rate was prevalent for this role. I chose not to continue the process after looking into the reasons why the turnover rate is high

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself.
      Explain when you when above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sunrun (Denver, CO) in September 2020.

Interview

Shortly after applying via Indeed, I received an email from a hiring manager. We set up a time later in the week as my schedule was pretty full. We confirmed the time and went ahead with my week.

Come the time for the interview, I received a call a few minutes late. I was immediately told that the positions have already been filled. Basically, their process was phone interview and an immediate offer, rather than going through all of their approved applicants.

In an instance like this, where there is no job to be offered, a simple email would have been much more appropriate and professional.

Based on the reviews that I now see, I guess that this is just par for the course for this company. I should have looked at the reviews before sending them my resume.