Sunrun Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.7

Strategy and Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sunrun (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone Screen. The recruiter was very impersonal about it. They literally read off the job description in the form of a question for the requirements. It was not tailored at all to the applicant, and came off that they were just doing the interview to do the interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you demonstrated abilities to create strategies and implement them in execution?   1 Answer

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrun (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Seemed fine and team friendly and team oriented. ALL lies! Just wanted to get qualified hire without revealing truth about actual team dynamics (zero communication, no respect for staff, no training, on and on - basically appalling).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Low salary, take it or leave it.

Lead Call Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sunrun in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewer started asking about past experiences, then turned and said two positions open but they already had two people who had yet to be promoted for the same position. Seemed like the interviewer was less interested with hearing about my past after informing me that i had basically no chance at getting this job. Wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• We only have two positions open with candidates already working this position.   1 Answer

Transportation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sunrun (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

Had a telephone interview over a couple of days because the company couldn't find any competent people on the West Coast. They then broadened it to the East Coast. Shocker there because of the West Coast lack of work ethic and hustle.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve our transportation way of doing things?   1 Answer

Payroll Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sunrun.

Interview

There was none, the hiring is outsourced. I applied via an online add place on behalf of SunRun and then receive and email a few weeks later saying to come in with IRS documentation. The next day I started to work. There wasn't any training on how to use the third party contractor website, Lexus Nexus and no communication between those who paid my wages and myself.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sunrun (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

I got a call and talked about the job with the recruiter, answered a couple questions like: why do you want to work. The recruiter scheduling me a job interview for the next day after a 15 min talk on the phone.

Interview Questions

• WHAT would you do if a costumer is upset and you can't give them a solution by your self?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for sunrun?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult situation that you resolved by yourself and you went beyond your limits.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me the Salary and that I had to sign online some papers to do the background check 2 days after the interview. I am going to start in a week from now.

Interconnection Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrun (San Luis Obispo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Was emailed about time frames in the next few days I would be free to contact for a phone interview. Those days came and went, no call. My inquiry email received and auto-reply message: "out of office". Waited a week, contacted supervisor who said "soon". Another week passed, I messaged again and was told I missed their email informing me they decided not to fill the position. I checked spam and trash and still nothing. Overall disappointment with service.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

Easy phone interview, answer all the easy questions they ask in the onsite interview.but get no reply. When you ask them, an automatic system email will be sent to you. Don't waste time on this company. They did not respect candidate.

Installation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sunrun (Sacramento, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter, who asked some pre-screening questions based on past work experience and willingness to take a drug and background check. I was then scheduled to meet with the operations manager and supervisor. I met onsite and they were very professional and pleasant. They conducted the interview in a formal manner and provided time for my questions.

Interview Questions

• If you were offered a job with a different company with the same benefits, pay and description, what would compel you to take the other job offer?   1 Answer

IPS Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrun.

Interview

The initial interview was really relaxed and definitely able to just be myself. It took about 3 weeks and 4 different applications before I was contacted, and about a month until I actually started working. They called a few days before to let me know my position title had been changed, which I thought was a little strange. Anyhow, the interview process was not bad at all.