Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) Interview Questions

Interviews at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro)

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) (San Jose, CA).

Interview

3 people on site , one technical lead, the technical manager, the technical director. Interview on Saturday afternoon on site, the lead is nice, other people are rude. They ask me about my experience and resume , nothing related to job description, and algorithm and language syntax.

Interview Questions

• write code about breadth first search and depth first search in any language   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied to the job on their website, got an email asking me to go schedule for an interview two days later, received the oral and email offer two weeks after the interview.
    The team is mostly Chinese, and they prefer Chinese candidate as well.
    Three rounds of technical interviews targeted in RDBMS and OOP, rather easy if you have hands-on working experiences.
    Company's primary skillsets are C# and .net. Team members are nice but the atmosphere is dull.

Interview Questions

• 1st round RDBMS
      Please outline database structure for a sales company containing user, company, vendor, etc.   Answer Question
    • 2nd round OOP
      Please design distributed systems and class object for a Storage company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) (Corvallis, OR) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied for this position and the HR eeply me pretty soon and actively. They provided me a different position, FAE. She introduced/described the job and asked me for the expected/minimum salary in the fosrt round.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Uploaded my resume through their website, and got a call from them a few days later.
    Had an interview with the supervisor and the vice president, and received a verbal offer a week later. The official offer came about a week and a half after that, and that was it.

Interview Questions

• Regular interview without any heavy emphasis on technical questions, questions were mainly about logical thinking abilities and passed experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Supervisor did ask me my target salary, and later offered something that was a bit lower than that. He claimed it's the standard offer the company makes for this type of position. I believe him, it seemed reasonable compared to the other salaries this company was giving out.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) (San Jose, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

2 hours, 3 rounds.

First round with three of the team members that I would be working with, second round with two team managers (one from BIOS team and another from IPMI team), last round with QA manager.

Software Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) (San Jose, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Had referral by the employee currently working inside. It took only few days after I submit the resume to the recruiting team, and I got replied a on-site interview right away. Simply had one on one conversation with the team members and had some technical questions asked afterward. Questions are simply and commonly seems in coding interviews. I got the second interview with the head of the team in few days.

Interview Questions

• Most questions asked are those I expected to be ask. Some comment questions mostly being seems for the coding interviews.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

It started with a phone interview and then an on-site interview. The phone interview asked some personality questions and then some theoretical situations. I was asked to think about it and then give a solution to the issue. The process went into a more in-depth conversation over the role and the passion for working with the company. Then we discussed my personality and if I was a good fit to work with the company.

Interview Questions

• Are you suited to work under high pressures from the clients?   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Onsite interview with 4 people. PM, Product Leader and VP.
    All of them would ask you to introduce yourself first.
    Then, they will test whether you have a good understanding towards the job.

Interview Questions

• Please explain your understanding towards the job descriptions.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

They basically gonna review the resume with you together and ask questions about your latest work experiences. They will also go over the the job descriptions and some expectations they will have for you in the future.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) (San Jose, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewer quickly met with me in his office and introduced the company, himself, and the role. After that he asked me questions about my resume and then introduced someone recently hired.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most difficult tasks you've had to do and how did you handle it?   Answer Question