Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.7

Product Assembly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Took a very long time to get interview, very unprofessional. Had 5 workers interviewing me and all asked the same questions. Horrible company. You should consider Tesla. Very low pay here as well. Plantation like slave workers, like a sweat shop in Asia.

Interview Questions

• Can you work 7 days a week?   1 Answer

Very Low pay, they will work you like Tesla but pay is $13 VS Teslas $18 for the same hours and same line of work.

Buyer/Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Checked in for an interview and they require you to fill out some on boarding paperwork, took about 15 mins. Once my interviewer got me, we went to the meeting room he book but it was still occupied, 5-10 mins of awkwardness as we just stood in the hallway waiting for room to open.. asked me general questions and got another person to come in. She asked me questions that were unfair, one of them was that their suppliers don't speak much English so how would I be able to communicate with them on the phone.. the job posting did not say any other languages were required so this was very unjust. She then went on to get the department manager to interview me next but came back saying she "had to jump into an urgent meeting with the CEO" and that she will email me to set up another time to continue. I knew at that point it was a lie and I wasn't going to hear back from them. Don't waste your time with this place.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Onsite interview with 5 engineers, including VP. First talked about technical questions with hardware engineers, the interfaces of motherboard, the power supplies design, detailed circuit design in previous experience. The VP introduced more details about company's culture, the history and future of Supermicro.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied to the job on their website, got an email asking me to go schedule for an interview two days later, received the oral and email offer two weeks after the interview.
    The team is mostly Chinese, and they prefer Chinese candidate as well.
    Three rounds of technical interviews targeted in RDBMS and OOP, rather easy if you have hands-on working experiences.
    Company's primary skillsets are C# and .net. Team members are nice but the atmosphere is dull.

Interview Questions

• 1st round RDBMS
      Please outline database structure for a sales company containing user, company, vendor, etc.
      Answer Question
    • 2nd round OOP
      Please design distributed systems and class object for a Storage company.
      Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The process of the interview is one-by-one with 7 people: with the team members, manager, senior manager, director and other team members. Different questions including hands-on skills, knowledge of this area, presentation ability and personality to apply on this position. Each last for more than 30 minutes. They asked questions first and then hope you to ask some questions back.

Interview Questions

• Tear the assembled machine apart and then put them back to the completed one again.
      Is better with the instruction or not? Which part is hard to figure out?
      1 Answer
    • Why do you think you are qualify with this job?   1 Answer

Production Inventory Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was short and almost too easy. Pretty much got hired on the spot. But I think it's because they are really short on people. I first met with my supervisor then proceeded to meeting their managers, the whole process took maybe 30 mins and I got a call from HR the day after.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Supermicro? Do you know what we do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro).

Interview

I first received an email that said the company was interested in me. I was then scheduled for an on-site interview. For the interview I had to talk to four people. They were all friendly. Didn't ask me very technical questions. However, I waited nearly 3 months before getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is your greatest accomplishment? Your greatest fear?   Answer Question

Production QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview is held in a weird dark room with dirt on chair. There're three rounds of interview in this FIRST face to face stage. Two managers in first round, one team leader in second round, and another leader from another team in third round. Basically they all ask for description of myself and job summary at beginning of every round, So I have to repeat it again and again. In first round, the atmosphere is good and more like chatting with job experience exchange. Starting from second round, you would start to see the cold and disrespectful face. They would let you know who the boss is and you know nothing comparing to them. They keep interrupting your talking and asking another question without letting me finish my response. Very rude and not professional. Saying that I will get notice for ANOTHER ROUND of face to face interview with big boss if they are interested in me.

PCB Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Finished a quiz a first. Then 4 employer meet me one by one. They all speak Chinese since I speak Chinese. The quiz was easy if you reviewed the points. At last the group leader take me out to have a dinner. The VP talked a lot about his personal experience. And asked my understanding. They show me about their products, and introduce me the technology they about to use.

Interview Questions

• The VP talked about lots about his personal experience. And asked my expect of this area.   Answer Question

Director Solutions Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied via linked in and the General Manager scheduled with me via google calendar and then gave me a call, the role is Dir of solutions product management and I have a solutions background in the virtualization field

Interview Questions

• Did you read the links I sent you, what did you think and what is your view on the companies revenue for the year and how can you add to it?   1 Answer
    • Ok, well I'm sure I did. Oh ok... hmmmm did you look at the company leadership on the web site and get familiar with the companies leaders and culture?   1 Answer
    • Really you did not do any research for this role on this company on your own? Didn't look at the revenue targets and projections?   1 Answer
    • Ok, well your not off to a good start, ok well you work at C**** Systems ok, Where are you at right now? at home ? ( I say yes) Do you work at home?   1 Answer
    • Oh see, yeah..OK.we don't work that why here...nope everyone comes in everyday yup. See the infrastructure here is VERY weak, the email goes down daily, no external webmail, there is no remote dial in phone answering service, no VPN. we all have to be here to work. Are you sure you can come into work everyday ?   1 Answer