Svenska Handelsbanken Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Svenska Handelsbanken Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

2.2

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Svenska Handelsbanken (Leeds, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a successful phone interview and was invited to an assessment centre in Leeds. The assessment day consisted of an interview, two group exercises, an in-tray exercise and a numerical reasoning test. The staff were extremely friendly and made you feel very comfortable given the situation. The bank has a large focus on the long-term and has a very interesting culture and organisational structure.

Interview Questions

• What gets you up in a morning?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time where you overachieved.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time where you greatly underachieved and what you did to come back from this.   Answer Question

Account Manager Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Svenska Handelsbanken (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied Online which was a cv, cover letter and questions
    Over the phone interview, question on myself and where I wanted to be
    Then face to face. Really friendly environment

Make sure you understand the company culture, vales and beliefs. Overall the interviewer liked that I was young and saw myself in the company for the long term benefits

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Svenska Handelsbanken.

Interview

Online application with just a cv and cover letter. Invite was then to an assessment centre at the regional headquarters. This consisted of a one-on-one interview with the head of HR lasting approx 40 mins, a in tray exercise, replying to a complaint email and a group presentation. Very relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about yourself
      - Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
      - Describe your 3 strengths
      - Describe your weakness
      - Why Handelsbanken
      Several standard situational questions
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Svenska Handelsbanken (Birmingham, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview process was relaxed. Asked quite simple competency based questions and the reason for my interest to work at Handelsbanken. Prior the interview I had to complete a group exercise and a presentation. The process also entailed a in-tray exercise.

Manager Internal Business Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Svenska Handelsbanken (Ipswich, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Basic questioning process regarding your history and understand of generic banking
    The easiest interview I have ever performed
    No hard questions, the interview lead to more of a friendly chat regarding current affairs and modern sporting achievements
    Was a breath of fresh air compared to some city interviews

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Svenska Handelsbanken (Copenhagen (Denmark)) in March 2016.

Interview

Assesment day with group exercises such as case, associations, roleplays and then a quick interview. second round was a longer interview with HR plus some personality tests. Very professional and very easy. They seemed to put a lot more weight on the personlity aspect of the candidate rather than IQ, tests, numerical abilities and all that stuff that banks usually do.

Interview Questions

• Just all the normal behavioral interview questions. How i would act in different situations. Strength weaknesses and all that stuff.   Answer Question

Account Manager Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Svenska Handelsbanken (Ipswich, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied in person as this bank does not have a hiring policy. I sent them an email expressing my interest to work for them along with my CV. I was invited to a chat with the branch manager (very informal). After this interview I took a test. After the test I had a personality test with the HR manager.
    The last stage of the process was the branch interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Handelsbanken?
      Why do you think you are good for this role?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Svenska Handelsbanken (Manchester, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

First there was a presentation to A teacher that had connections with the bank, then i was invited for an assessment. We have done a group task based on what Handelsbanken is, how it functions and its values. We have written a letter dealing with a complaint on a laptop. We had a one to one interview in the centre.

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Svenska Handelsbanken (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in March 2013.

Interview

I had 2 interviews with the country head. First to get match skills and requirements. Second to negotiate salary and benefits. I did not go further because of salary. The country head asked headquarters for salary increasement and them came back to me with a better offer.

Interview Questions

• Accounting knowledge, legal knowledge, finance background.   1 Answer

Credit Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Svenska Handelsbanken (Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)) in May 2012.

Interview

One interview with the head of the department and a representative of the middle management. Only one round of interviews. The interview was very nice and there is no hard questions per se, it was more of a 40 minute long discussion where the point was to get to know each other. The work was pretty well described during the interview. Most people who work in the part-time positions know somebody in the company, which is why the interview process is probably so easy-going and doesn't require personality tests and so on.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The pay is not negotiable.