Svenska Handelsbanken Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Svenska Handelsbanken Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2017

2.2

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Svenska Handelsbanken (Leeds, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a successful phone interview and was invited to an assessment centre in Leeds. The assessment day consisted of an interview, two group exercises, an in-tray exercise and a numerical reasoning test. The staff were extremely friendly and made you feel very comfortable given the situation. The bank has a large focus on the long-term and has a very interesting culture and organisational structure.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Svenska Handelsbanken (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

All day interview at Head office in Manchester. Had a group exercise and presentation. Had a one-to-one interview and a in-tray exercise where you had to write a letter back to a customer who had complained.
    Did not receive an offer. However, after spending over £160 to get to the interview and back I did not get reimbursed. Also found it VERY frustrating having to chase Handelsbanken up to find out if I was successful or not. We were told we would hear back 2 weeks after the interview but even still after three no one had bothered to contact me. Not impressed.

Account Manager Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Svenska Handelsbanken (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied Online which was a cv, cover letter and questions
    Over the phone interview, question on myself and where I wanted to be
    Then face to face. Really friendly environment

Make sure you understand the company culture, vales and beliefs. Overall the interviewer liked that I was young and saw myself in the company for the long term benefits

Account Manager Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Svenska Handelsbanken (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

received linked message as recommended by previous work colleague, informal chat with hr and hiring manager, initial coffee chat with the branch manager, referred to hr, then phone conversation with head of hr. salary review, job offer by branch manager

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Svenska Handelsbanken.

Interview

Online application with just a cv and cover letter. Invite was then to an assessment centre at the regional headquarters. This consisted of a one-on-one interview with the head of HR lasting approx 40 mins, a in tray exercise, replying to a complaint email and a group presentation. Very relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about yourself
      - Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
      - Describe your 3 strengths
      - Describe your weakness
      - Why Handelsbanken
      Several standard situational questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Svenska Handelsbanken (Birmingham, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview process was relaxed. Asked quite simple competency based questions and the reason for my interest to work at Handelsbanken. Prior the interview I had to complete a group exercise and a presentation. The process also entailed a in-tray exercise.

Manager Internal Business Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Svenska Handelsbanken (Ipswich, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Basic questioning process regarding your history and understand of generic banking
    The easiest interview I have ever performed
    No hard questions, the interview lead to more of a friendly chat regarding current affairs and modern sporting achievements
    Was a breath of fresh air compared to some city interviews

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Svenska Handelsbanken (Copenhagen (Denmark)) in March 2016.

Interview

Assesment day with group exercises such as case, associations, roleplays and then a quick interview. second round was a longer interview with HR plus some personality tests. Very professional and very easy. They seemed to put a lot more weight on the personlity aspect of the candidate rather than IQ, tests, numerical abilities and all that stuff that banks usually do.

Interview Questions

• Just all the normal behavioral interview questions. How i would act in different situations. Strength weaknesses and all that stuff.   Answer Question

Account Manager Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Svenska Handelsbanken (Ipswich, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied in person as this bank does not have a hiring policy. I sent them an email expressing my interest to work for them along with my CV. I was invited to a chat with the branch manager (very informal). After this interview I took a test. After the test I had a personality test with the HR manager.
    The last stage of the process was the branch interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Handelsbanken?
      Why do you think you are good for this role?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Örebro (Sweden)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Svenska Handelsbanken (Örebro (Sweden)) in January 2015.

Interview

Two interviews with separate managers. Answering questions for intentions and getting to know me, also group interview with tasks to execute together. Presentation in group was to asess which role you took in a group of different personalities.