Swarthmore College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Swarthmore College Interview Questions

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Swarthmore College in June 2016.

Interview

Very nice people, beautiful campus, but long delays and false promises. Applied online. Called me one month later, rescheduled interview multiple times. Final interview gave every indication of job offer, but no dice. Encouraged to apply for alternate position instead.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swarthmore, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Swarthmore College (Swarthmore, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy interview, though long. It took a few hours and I had interviewed with 3 different groups, each from a different department. The interview process was pretty laid back. It was also well coordinated.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions relating to resume and job title. All three interviewers asked where I'd like to be in 5 years   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swarthmore, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Swarthmore College (Swarthmore, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application with about 15 short answer questions, then was invited to a group interview. The group interview was a strange dynamic, as everyone was trying to speak over each other to contribute. We were asked to role-play scenarios and do team building exercises. After, I was invited to a personal interview, which was much more relaxed.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a group of students were drinking in your lounge?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swarthmore College (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I applied online. The online process was a little dated and you can tell that the organization doesn't possess an applicant tracking systems. Shortly thereafter I received a phone call to setup an initial phone screen which would in turn lead to an on campus interview.

Interview Questions

• Briefly after answering the phone and having the panel introduce themselves, their first question was tell me about your theory on HR recruitment. Seriously? The following question involved diversity. Again, I was just so blown away that I muttered through it.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swarthmore College (Pasadena, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Most of the questions were about how you would respond to different situations as an intern. There were questions about how you organize and prioritize your work, how you would respond to an angry or emotional caller, and why you want to intern at the district office.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize and prioritize multiple tasks?   Answer Question
    • Are you good at multi-tasking?   Answer Question
    • If you receive a call from a very angry or emotional constituent, how would you calm them down and how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swarthmore, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swarthmore College (Swarthmore, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

After submitting a tedious and thorough application, I was invited to interview. The first time was uncomfortable, having to act out scenarios that would happen with residents. I got the interview after going through a group interview round. The second time was a bit more relaxed and reflective.

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swarthmore College.

Interview

Interview went very well. In the end, was not offered the position but appreciated that the hiring manager took the time to explain why and to highlight the positive and negative in my interview.

Student Systems AdministratorWorker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swarthmore, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Swarthmore College (Swarthmore, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

They asked a few questions about my experience as a student. The interview was for various student jobs on campus. These jobs include lifeguard, media consultant, OSE worker, event assistant, and more.

Interview Questions

• Q: How has your experience been so far?   1 Answer

Non-Teaching/Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swarthmore, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Swarthmore College (Swarthmore, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied after seeing the job opening on their website. It took about 2-3 months to get a call-back. Despite this being a low-level administrative position, I went through SEVERAL interviews: Two phone interviews, followed by a daylong interview itinerary with virtually every level of the department, then another phone interview.

ITS Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swarthmore College in June 2010.

Interview

Saw a listing and emailed the head of the department. Interview was very straightforward, asked about coursework and ability to work with other. They are more interested in the ability to learn than specific technical skills