Sweetwater Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2017

3.5

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sweetwater (Fort Wayne, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

Loved it! It was a challenging interview that I was so thankful to have studied for! The interview was two hours long with an hour of testing (Wonderlic, typing speed, theoretical response to customer). HR was awesome. She showed me around and made me feel at home before the interview began- very down to earth people in business professional clothes (don't let it intimidate you).

HR reached out and said she had a position available- five days later, I had my phone interview (see below for details), six days later was my formal interview, then two days later was my job offer.

Phone interview: know about the company background, your prospective position and answer basic questions like "tell me about yourself", "Why Sweetwater?", basic questions.

Your formal interview is long, so have your answers pre determined- or atleast thought over. Manager is a seemingly genuine person and makes you feel welcome while also clearly expecting you to be an efficient use of her time.

Interviews were very conversational so, they probably asked 30+ questions, not including the questions that I asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty much no negotiation. They did, however remind me that, if they see exceptional work by the 90 day mark, there is potential for a raise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sweetwater (Orlando, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

From my understanding there is a pretty lengthy interview process for this position. I personally only made it to the first round of interviews but there are multiple interviews for the position.

Interview Questions

• They ask all sorts on questions, some of the big ones are all audio gear related, plus knowing the whole gear catalog is a huge plus.   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sweetwater (Fort Wayne, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and about a week later, I received a phone interview. They asked me about my experience in the music industry, asked about how I dealt with angry clients, and other general job interview questions. A few days later, they notified me that they would fly me out for testing and a lunch interview.

The day started off with some testing, both general knowledge and music terminology. Afterwards, I received a tour of the facility, and shadowed with someone to get a feel of what the job would be like. We finished the day off with lunch, and during that time they asked me some more interview questions.

Interview Questions

• In a previous job, what was the most stressful thing you had to deal with?   Answer Question

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sweetwater (Fort Wayne, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

Was asked to dress 'Business Professional'. When I arrived they were dressed 'Business Casual'. We had coffee in a cafe and talked about my skills, then took the Wonderlic test. This test was in person on a scantron. The second test was online the next day and was another Wonderlic test as well as a personality test. The first test was 50 questions you have to try to answer in 12 minutes. The second test was online, 30 questions, and 12 minutes. The personality test was not timed and was also online.

Interview Questions

• 'Tell me about yourself' was the first question.
      What is your unique selling point? Why should we hire you over anyone else?
      1 Answer

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sweetwater (Fort Wayne, IN) in September 2014.

Interview

The initial request for an interview was via email. I scheduled a time and sat down with the Director of HR and the production team. The director of HR gave me a tour of their very nice facility and told me I'd hear from them in a week. Very upbeat employees who love to work there!

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite band? What motivates you? What are your goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sweetwater (Fort Wayne, IN) in July 2014.

Interview

Took about 5 weeks from the time I applied until my first day in Sweetwater University, but that is significantly faster than most. Usually take about a month and a half for the application process, often you don't get a job offer for several months. You MUST have superior gear/music technology knowledge. I literally studied all 550 pages of the Pro Gear catalog.

extensive, timed online application, 2 phone interviews, online tests. If they proceed they bring you into Fort Wayne for 4 days. A travel day, an interview day (extensive product knowledge test, personality test, IQ test, tour with a manager, extensive lunch interview), a day to explore Fort Wayne and a travel day. They paid all the expenses for the interview and they cover relocation costs if you are offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your philosophy in life.   1 Answer
    • How much of your attitude is under your control.   1 Answer
    • Can you multi-task.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sweetwater (Fort Wayne, IN).

Interview

Interview was long and tedious. There was lots of testing and a interview over lunch. Make sure you are studied up on audio terminology. Make sure to use the glossary on Sweetwater's website as a reference.

Interview Questions

• 3 Adjectives to explain your personality. Personal motto   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sweetwater.

Interview

Phone interview- general information, very relaxed, and a role play to talk about any product Sweetwater carries.

On-Site Interview- Sweetwater paid for our flight to Ft. Wayne and put us up in a local hotel for 2 nights. I met with the VP of Sales for a walk-through of the facility (which was awesome). Then, 2-3 hours of intense computer-based testing consisting of product knowledge, example emails, and general music knowledge. Afterwards, there was an interview done over lunch in the cafe with 2-3 people followed by a phone listening session with an SE on the floor.

Interview Questions

• How much of your attitude is under your direct control? Not so much difficult, but the answer is so simple it didn't seem right.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the first offer and we moved here.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sweetwater (Fort Wayne, IN).

Interview

First interview was with someone in HR over the phone. The second and third interviews were over the phone with members of sales management. Fourth and final interview was in person with the VP of sales. They flew me in to headquarters in Ft Wayne, IN. This interview included a tour of the facility (during which, I later found out, they were watching to see what questions I asked, how well I paid attention, and if I kept up with the rapid pace of my tour guide), as well as tests over audio technology and a personality test.

Interview Questions

• What's the best book you've read in the last few months?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sweetwater (Fort Wayne, IN) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a member of the Human Resources team within 24 hours of my submission. Through email, we set a date and time to have a preliminary phone interview. The phone interview was pleasant with a number of the "standard" preliminary questions - "why would you want to work here", "what qualifications make you uniquely suited for the position", "what is your background in musical equipment"... All in all a very thorough but easy preliminary interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about relocation to their headquarters in Fort Wayne, IN.   Answer Question