Swift Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Swift Energy Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Swift Energy

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swift Energy.

Interview

I was offered an interview at a job fair I was attending and had submitted a CV to. I was interviewed by one of the head geologists and their recruiting geologist. They started with the usual behavioral questions, then pulled out a seismic line and asked questions about it. Finally, they pulled out a couple rocks and asked questions about those.

Interview Questions

• They showed me a seismic line and asked which region would have the most mature oil, and which region would be cheaper to build a platform in.   Answer Question

Intern Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swift Energy (Houston, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

A lengthy technical portion that involved interpretation of 2 rock samples and a long seismic cross section.

Interview Questions

• "If I put one rock over the other, what type of environment do you have?"   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swift Energy in September 2012.

Interview

I had two interviews with Swift but in two separate years.

The first interview I received through getting to know the lead recruiter at a career fair dinner. I interviewed with one of the chief reservoir engineers and one of the younger engineers. I was mostly asked questions by the chief reservoir engineer. Questions were mostly conversational and the atmosphere and attitude made it very easy to talk. The questions were a little generic (i.e. Tell about a hard time in a group, what discipline are you interested in...). I followed up with a thank you email and the lead recruiter replied to me but I did not hear anything significant for a couple of months until I received a letter in the mail about being denied the offer.

The second interview I received by seeing the same chief reservoir engineer again at the next year's career fair. He helped to get me through the new lead recruiter and onto the interview schedule. I was interviewed by the same chief reservoir engineer and a different young engineer. This time the young engineer asked me questions because I knew the senior engineer. Again, the interview was more conversational but the atmosphere was a little less day to talk under as the first interview but it still went well. This time I did not hear back from the company at all and I was extremely disappointed in the way it was handled.

Even though I had a negative end to my experiences, I think I would interview again, given the opportunity because I know the company culture sounds wonderful and right up my alley.

Interview Questions

• What is the best way to handle a team where something doesn't work out?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swift Energy (Houston, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Call with HR rep about experience and which department I thought my skills might be well suited for. HR rep talked through several of the options but was frank that many positions would be filled based on relationships with senior executives. Overall, there was little competence-based hiring for these positions.