Symrise Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Symrise Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.6

Intern EMEA Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Symrise.

Interview

Recruiter

Vice President Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Teterboro, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Symrise (Teterboro, NJ) in May 2010.

Interview

First interview was with two hiring managers, half hour each. This was fairly traditional and I didn't get a good feel for the company at this point. It probably didn't help that I was at a competitor in a competitive position.
    My second interview lasted 3 hours, with another senior manager. I connected well with this person, and learned what I needed to know to assess the opportunity.
    The whole process moved very quickly; they make up their minds and move. Indicative of decisive leadership which has turned out to be the case.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very job specific, cannot be posted   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate a better salary and benefits (vacation); it's always good to know the industry and have benchmarks available.

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Symrise.

Interview

Simple interviews, first with the HR personnel who goes through your resume and ask you to elaborate more, basically just to talk more about your experience. Followed by some technical questions and some hands-on for laboratory work.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Symrise.

Interview

Sent in application through school portal, was called for interview 2 to 3 weeks after application closed. Interview was conducted by 2 product managers. Interview was rather free flow, managers gave an detailed explanation about what to expect and what to do for the position, managers were friendly.

Research Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symrise.

Interview

Following an email to the lab manager, I had an interview. It took place on the site, and was with the lab manager and the project managers. Most of questions were on my professional experiences and developed skills. The internship’s conditions were explained to me, and I was given fast a positive answer.

Interview Questions

• I had technical questions on apparatus I used during my previous experiences.   Answer Question

Assistant Project Manager Fragrance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Padova (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Symrise (Padova (Italy)) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview for an internship in Symrise Singapore. The phone call lasted about an hour, then the recruiter had to hang up to interview someone else (who happened to a friend).

Interview Questions

• -Do a swot analysis of yourself
      -What is your biggest regret
      -Are you creative? if so improvise a short story   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Symrise in October 2012.

Interview

Met the VP Finance and VP HR. No stress and easy going during the discussion.
    Clear information given. Given chance to meet the co-worker, to allow to know the people going to with

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Symrise in January 2008.

Interview

They were looking for an intern and I applied, everyone there were eager to teach me how to do things, after a brief period I got to leader a couple projects supervised by my immediate boss, she liked my work and then, after 6 months when someone left for a better opportunity, i got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me 5 qualities and 5 defects you have   Answer Question
    • Why should I hire you? I mean, you know there are more people interviewing for this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, as this was my first job, and the pay was more than 4 times what I was making as an intern, I didn't really hesitate. They told me what my job description was, how I should work from then and on and I just started. At the beginning it was a bit hard, but then within days I felt at home.