Synacor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Synacor (Buffalo, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

It was a phone interview at the beginning, which took about 20 minutes. They asked me about my work experience, preferred salary, the environment where I would like to work and some basic interview questions. Then they asked me to do a web test, which took 50 minutes. The questions were kinda hard and I didn't do it well.

PHP Developer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Synacor (Buffalo, NY) in December 2007.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. I sent them my resume and they requested that I take an online skills test. Once they received my scores they requested an interview, they were very accomodating and allowed a phone interview since I was from out of town. After the phone interview I came in for a face to face and was offered the job on the spot. Overall, a very professional and non-intimidating experience for my first full-time position out of college.

Interview Questions

• There was a question regarding databases that they kept pushing and making harder each time I would answer it until they finally came to a question that I could not answer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I likely would have been able to, but as a recent grad was unsure of myself and did not attempt to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Synacor (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Phone call with HR first. Online, timed programming questions.
    Moved to onsite interviews with four scheduled during the day.
    Of those four, two were tech related interviews that required white boarding.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Synacor.

Interview

I applied from a job board and received an email from a recruiter to talk to "learn more". We talked for more than 40 minutes and it was really great to talk (at least I thought that) and informed about next step of the interview. That was it. No response to my emails. I contacted recruiter twice each after one week on the interval. There was no response.

Interview Questions

• About my past projects and current projects.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Synacor (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Introduced through external recruiter. Had a coding challenge followed by an onsite. Interviewers went through my resume and asked me questions about my technical background, but there was no white boarding.

Interview Questions

• What technologies are you interested in and what do you work on in your free time?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synacor.

Interview

Everything asked was from my resume .. nothing from outside.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Synacor (Buffalo, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Great Company. Online test is difficult.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation possible.

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Synacor (Buffalo, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online and talked to a recruiter for general screening.
    Next round was technical round with PM. I was told that they will get back to me in a week. I followed after 10 days to know that the person who interviewed me left the company but has left positive feedback for me based on which a face to face interview was scheduled.

I traveled to Buffalo office and interviewed for 4 hours with 3 different teams (dev, QA etc) Last interview was with the a person from executive team on Skype as he was at Boston location that day.
    He seemed to be a bit of unprofessional and had expectations which were different than mentioned by other interviewers or JD.

They conducted my background check and gave me an offer which was same as what I was already making. When I brought this up they said that is all they can offer me. I was surprised because their background check questionnaire had a question regarding my current package. Anyways I declined the offer

Interview Questions

• It was a little technical and a lot about what I have worked in past on.   Answer Question

Programming Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Synacor (Buffalo, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Was given a short phone interview and asked to come in to meet with several people. The interview went from easily answered questions to tough questions fairly quickly, and no matter what they never seemed impressed. At one point, after being told to draw something out, I turned my head to see the interviewer shaking his head with a smug look. Regardless, I received an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Went through two interviews, only because one person was busy at the time of the first interview. The person responsible for hiring said they'd want someone who fit my credentials (nontraditional in comparison to others in the same role) and "see what happens."

Interview Questions

• Describe a chaotic situation at work you found yourself in, how you resolved it, and what you learned (rookie interview question.)   Answer Question