Syracuse University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Syracuse University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.4

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Syracuse University.

Interview

It's strictly based on your portfolio. When you apply for the university, make sure you apply for the position as well. It gets a lot harder and competitive if you wait to apply after the semester begins,

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back in about two weeks. I had two interviews, one via skype and the second in person. The interview Process overall was very laid back. I interviewed with three people and the whole process lasted about one hour.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position   1 Answer

Academic Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Syracuse University.

Interview

30 minute telephone interview, 1 hour in person interview with a panel. Did a sample advising call. Within 2 weeks I was offered the position, but i ultimately declined the position due to salary.

Donor Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I was asked to do a Skype interview. It took about twenty minutes. The rep from HR pretty much just went over my resume. She asked me to tell her about each job I held. She had a hard time explaining what the job was that I was applying for. I thought the interview went well, but after two weeks I never heard back. I reached out to my interviewer and was told that they hired someone with more experience, which isn't much of a stretch since I had zero donor relations experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about every job that was on my resume.   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

there's no formal interview exactly, they just look at your resume and cover letter, and see if you are a good fit. It would help a lot if you know someone and they know that you have a great passion for teaching. They'll ask if you know what to do for being a teaching assistant and some of them will ask to see your portfolio. But other than that, it's nothing too serious

Undergraduate Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

The process was very relaxed. The prinipal investigator was really nice. She gave my one of her papers to read, which was on the topic I started working on. It was a lot less scary than I thought it would've been. I encourage all undergrads to do research. The overral experience was good.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in a lab   1 Answer

Business Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The first interview involved being interviewed in a small room, seated at a small conference table (seats 6). I was at the table with 5 people who each were interviewing me. It was very nerve racking and intimidating, especially for an initial interview. I've never experienced being interviewed by so many people nor on the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been responsible for preparing a budget?   1 Answer

Assistant to the Chair Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Asked to come in for a face to face interview with a committee comprised of the Chair, a PhD student and the former employee in the position. Lasted one hour. Very average questions were asked. Conversation was easy. They called my reference that day, offered me the position the very next day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the job. What can you contribute to the position. How well do you get along with others. What was one thing you did that you didn't get credit for. Tell me about a time that you had an issue with faculty, how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Student Supervisor Interview

Application

Interview

Interviewed by assistant managers, who were also students. Very friendly and enjoyable process. Interview probably took about 5-10 minutes. Longer you have worked there = more chances of getting the job. Keep close relationships with the assistant managers (you'd want to anyways)

Interview Questions

• What would you do in this situation __________________?
      Do you have a problem giving orders to people who may be older than you?
      Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Syracuse University in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through an online process. I sent my curriculum vitae and research statement. After that they asked me to submit my feature search plan. After that they took my interview through skype. Two persons took my interview. They asked me about my research work.