TCG, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TCG, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2017

C# .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TCG, Inc. (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied to a position on DICE. I received an e-mail confirmation from an internal recruiter asking to schedule a phone screen. I responded confirming a time that was offered to me. The internal recruiter missed the appointed interview time. I followed up and the recruiter had somehow missed my response e-mail. We rescheduled for the following day.

The phone screen went well and I was asked to do a timed coding exercise. We scheduled the test for the following day and I received the problem, coded up the answer, and returned it within the 30 minute time limit. Again, I received no response from TCG.

Interview Questions

• Write a method to reverse a string. The method should also write a text file to the file system listing the number of occurrences of each vowel.    Answer Question

Feb 9, 2017 – Marketing & Communications Specialist

We're sorry we disappointed you. Sometimes, despite our best efforts, we fumble the ball. That's what seems to have happened in this case. We have looked into why this happened and will make every ... More

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TCG, Inc. (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

They have a long interview process. First, I had an initial phone screen that was not technical. Then I completed a 30 minute coding exercise. After a week or two, I had a technical phone interview that went well. Then I was asked to come in for an onsite technical interview. They went over my experience in detail and then reviewed my coding exercise. They asked questions like how I could improve a method or 'what ifs'. There were two whiteboard scenarios, one on writing a sample class (which I went blank on when getting started), and a SQL/db scenario. Overall, I think I did well except for the first whiteboard exercise.

I did like the company and the people that I met. I just didn't prove to be a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Coding exercise to count the number of occurrences of each char in a string and print to a text file; Various technical questions mostly related to your resume   Answer Question

Jan 4, 2017 – Marketing & Communications Specialist

Wow! You made it pretty far through our interview process. We’re sorry it did not work out this time. Keep checking our website for other opportunities at TCG. We’re always looking for new peeps to ... More

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TCG, Inc..

Interview

Recently, I had a phone interview for a project coordinator position. The interview was with a Senior Recruiter and lasted about thirty minutes. The recruiter was very informative about the company and the project. It was clear that employees truly buy-into the company's philosophy. Further, she was extremely knowledgeable about the company. So knowledgeable about the company, I was truly shocked to learn she had only been with TCG for a short time.

As for the interview, it was mostly about my background and capabilities. At the end of the interview she said she would provide feedback in a short amount of time. And in fact, she did - which is something that rarely happens anymore. Unfortunately, the position was filled by an internal employee, but it was encouraging that TCG communicated that to me.

I am hoping to have the opportunity to interview again in the future.

Interview Questions

TCG, Inc. Response

Oct 25, 2016 – Marketing & Communications Specialist

We’re sorry about this missed opportunity! We often have new positions available. Keep checking our website to see what might be of interest to you.

SQL Server Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TCG, Inc. in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial phone screen with a TCG product manager, a written technical skills assessment test, a technical phone screen and in-person interview over the course of four weeks. A week before the in-person interview all communications ceased. After repeated emails and phone calls I was told via the recruiter from the sub contracting agency, the day before the in-person interview was to be held, that they placed an existing employee in the role. I am extremely disappointed at the lack of professionalism I experienced with TCG!

Interview Questions

• Skills Assessment consisted of basic SQL Server object definitions and query writing.
      Technical phone screen slightly more in-depth SQL Server and T-SQL questions.
      Answer Question

Jul 2, 2016 – Vice President

We're sorry you had this experience. In your case, around 5 days prior to their notifying you, we notified the staffing firm with whom you were working that we had made an alternative hiring ... More

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TCG, Inc. (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. Phone interview, in-person, then another in -person. President meets with you once you accept to discuss the job and take you out to lunch.

Interview Questions

• What analytics have you done in the past   1 Answer

Oct 25, 2016 – Marketing & Communications Specialist

Welcome to the team! We hope your onboarding experience is just as good or better than the interview process!

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TCG, Inc. (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very professional and respectful of my time as a candidate. I first had two phone interviews with the hiring manager, followed by an in person interview with members of the executive management team. My contact at TCG was very good at keeping me up to date on my status.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were behavioral based questions about my experience.   Answer Question

Jul 11, 2016 – Vice President

Welcome to the TCG family! As you experienced, our recruiting process is carefully calibrated to assess technical and cultural fit into the company. Now you can look forward to reaping the rewards of ... More