TCU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.3

Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TCU (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Very typical structured interview. Began with a phone interview and then later, if you made it to the second round, you would interview with an assistant hall director. I also believe that there is an online form that you fill out first and answer some basic questions like why do you want to be a desk assistant. Good position to prepare you for being an RA if that is what you are looking to do.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a conflict with a friend and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TCU (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

A general clerical test is required before you are able to apply for a job. Contacted HR for an appointment, which was easy and quick. Once you pass the test, you are invited for an interview within the department for which you are applying.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Gallery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TCU (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with 4 people and it lasted 45 minutes. You interview with the curator, administrative assistant, director of school of art, and one of the assistant professor. He was doodling most of the time and look bored, but the others were great - very friendly. It took 1.5 months to hear back for an interview after applying.

Interview Questions

• We teach students often. What kind of skills or knowledge can you pass onto them?   Answer Question

Guest Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TCU (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Brief and low-key interview that mainly sought to determine whether one could handle the balance between working and classes. General customer service questions and what-if scenarios on how to deal with visitors.

Interview Questions

• How will you maintain your grades and keep up with homework while working here?   Answer Question

Phonathon Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TCU (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

It was easy. They called me for an interview after submitting an application through frog jobs. I went to the interview. One person interviewed me. Basic questions to see your personality and if you would fit the job position. You have to be very open, have good communication skills, and be persistent with people you call. It is not a job for everyone.

Interview Questions

• What skills or capabilities do you have that will make you successful in Phonation?   1 Answer

Interview

For the hiring and interview process, you meet with the leader of intramural officiating, Sheldon Tate. The training for the intramural department is top notch here at Texas Christian University. I cannot say enough about this program.

Chapel and Events Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TCU.

Interview

I filled out an application first. Within about a week, I was contacted to come in for an interview. I came dressed in normal interview attire (suit, blouse, heels), and the interviewer was dressed in jeans and a casual top. I was expecting a little more on the professional end, especially because they work professional events. After the first one-on-one interview, I was invited back for a second interview, in which I was interviewed by the same woman in addition to two others. About two weeks after that interview, I was contacted to let me know that I was not being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked all the normal interview questions. In the second interview, they asked more situational and hypothetical questions, such as "How would you react if XYZ happened?"   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TCU in March 2014.

Interview

First, I received an E-Mail asking me for a phone interview. I scheduled for the phone interview via E-Mail. I was invited for a face-to-face interview two days after the phone interview. Then I was invited for a second interview about a week later. I was given a job offer the same day I went for the second interview

Interview Questions

• I was asked to review a survey and offer suggestions to improve the survey   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

Get to know the professors, and prove that you know what you're doing as a grad student. They asked me to do it without an interview, it was awesome!

It really helps to have some teaching experience in undergrad to pull from, so try to get in there first, it makes the interview less important when you've already proven your skill-set.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked except for "do you want to be a TA?"   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TCU (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

It was very easy. The head of my graduate program reached out to see if any of us would be interested in working with a professor. We were all assigned at random a few months later. It was our responsibility to reach out to our professor during the school year to see what we could do for them.