TDCI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at TDCI

Candidate Interview Review

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TDCI in June 2011.

Interview

After an initial half-hour phone interview, I was contacted by email to participate in a "technical interview". The technical interview consisted of a task which was to code a small application. This "would be simple" problem was made difficult by constant interruption and borderline misdirection from the interviewer. The interviewer provided no ORM tools, all the while expecting to see an object-oriented design without taking consideration as to the amount of time it would take to implement data access for such a model let alone the additional coding to use said model. A good developer is an efficient developer. Apparently wasting time to analyse simple solutions instead of implementing requirements quickly and efficiently is how they do things at this company.

After being turned down for an offer, the internal recruiter's tone and words indicated that he felt I must have somehow weaseled, lied, or performed magic in getting jobs where I've been regularly commended for my skills. After all their so called skills assessment has been "used over a hundred times to great success".

If you are a great developer with common sense you will be labelled unconventional. If you are a code monkey you just might pass their scrutiny.

In closing, the recruiter had said he would try to give my side of things to the interviewing developer (to try to change his mind?) I told him not to bother as I no longer had any desire to work for their company. I advise other experiemced developers with integrity and skills to not give this company a minute of their valuable time!

Interview Questions

• Write code, but do it my way, even if that means you don't get done with the task! (not actually a question, but the implication was there during the so-called "skills assessment")   1 Answer