TECO Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.8

Senior Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TECO Energy (Tampa, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, received an email inviting me to an interview a week after I applied. The three interviews were an hour long in three different day with three different supervisors. All interview questions were behavioral based.

Behavioral interview questions are written in a manner that assists in predicting a candidate's future success based on their previous experiences. The intention of this interview approach is for the candidate to give specific examples of times they demonstrated particular skills or behaviors. Giving a vague or general answer is not what the interviewer is looking for. Instead, the interviewer is asking the candidate to describe a particular experience, project, team, task, etc. in as much detail as possible. Specifically, they are looking for the background to the situation or task, the actions that were taken and the result of those actions.

I received an offer letter two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• •Describe a situation in which you were able to use persuasion to successfully convince someone to see things your way.   Answer Question
    • •Describe a time when you were faced with a stressful situation that demonstrated your coping skills.   1 Answer
    • •Give me a specific example of a time when you used good judgment and logic in solving a problem.   1 Answer
    • •Give me an example of a time when you set a goal and were able to meet or achieve it.   1 Answer
    • •Tell me about a time when you had to use your presentation skills to influence someone's opinion.   1 Answer

Financial Reporting Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TECO Energy (Tampa, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Behavioral interview; very long.I really don't care to discuss my interview. But they ask the star format, situation, task, action, results. The interview took 1.5 hours. The ask about 10 questions on past job experiences.

Commercial Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TECO Energy.

Interview

The interview process in a nutshell: condescending. This is the first and probably last review I will ever write on an interview process, but my experience was just hysterical enough for me to decide this was worth my time and possibly help someone avoid a mistake.

From the very first form letter from the company telling me how so many people had applied, to the last form letter telling me I "didn't score high enough," it's clear TECO thinks this is still 2008 and people are desperate for jobs. Times have changed. While this company was "blessing" me with the opportunity to have a chance to speak with someone for a phone interview, I was negotiating between three offers for $30-35k more than this position's highest point. Because I was actually overqualified for this position but figured "why the heck not?" and applied anyway. I would have declined an in-person interview (3 people! STAR format! How very unique and special!) if I had been asked.

If you're looking for a job in Tampa, don't let a company treat you like you're a yellow Starburst. The market in Tampa is in favor of job seekers, with more positions than qualified applicants and job seekers demanding more money than they have in years. You are a pink Starburst, my friends. Go seize that extra $35k in salary and prosper!

And the recruiters are atrociously unorganized and non-communicative. You've been warned!

Interview Questions

• Is done better than perfect? Someone has obviously read Sheryl Sandberg's Lean In. Let's be original here, folks.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TECO Energy (Tampa, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Screening to see if you qualify to take the actual entrance exam. Was told I would receive an email regarding the testing date but instead got one stating they selected someone else. I honestly believe it was because I had issues about working at the Plant City location instead of Ybor City. The email to RSVP stated the screening would include a tour of the call center but instead I was told if selected I might be chosen for the Plant City location. NONE of the emails I received were in reference to this...and I believe that is why I wasn't selected to proceed. Why say the screening would include a tour if that's not even the facility I would be at. Oh well, just moving on. Nothing new. ALL companies have fine print you don't hear about until the last minute. To each his/her own.

Gas Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa Palms, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TECO Energy (Tampa Palms, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

They do background test physical and drug screen. Situational interview questions. Done by at least two managers or could be one. lots of questions mostly like around 10 to 13

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a angry customer?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at TECO Energy.

Interview

Originally sent my resume for a Mechanical Engineering Position for TECO Peoples Gas. Six months later I got contacted for an interview. The interview was with 3 different people, and it lasted over 4 hours. Not only didnt TECO energy validate my parking garage expense which cost me 20 dollars. I never got a follow up email telling that I was rejected. It was very unprofessional. If I would of known how I was going to be treated, I wouldnt of showed up and enjoyed my day off.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral interviewing, Tell me a time you had a conflict with your boss and how did you resolve it. Very subjective questions based on past experience.   Answer Question

Field Utility Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TECO Energy (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Apply online only, screened at headquarters, called for face-to-face interview. See three interviewers all asking behavioral questions. Get called back in a week for follow-up and offer or emailed rejection. One of the interviewers will be the hiring manager for the department you are applying for. The others will be their peers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with your superior, what was the situation, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, salary was set by union contract.

Customer Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TECO Energy (Tampa, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

behavioral based questions. typically panel style. make sure you have good examples of past experience. it is good to ask questions at then end of the interview to show interest

Lead Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TECO Energy (Tampa, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied the positon thru on-line web site. Got a call a few weeks later for a phone interview followed by an on-site interview. There were three 1:1 interview with customer manager, application manager and hiring manager. Each session lasted for an hour. They are standard behavior interview with no surprise. I think I did well during the interview. The managers were friendly. However, during lunch break with DBA team, the questions keep poping up like "Are you retired from previous company?" "Are you going to leave since the TECO job itself is not so exciting?". "Lead DBA is a title not a job function itself!" I was told by hiring manager that I'll get a call from either himself or the recruitor in next few days. Instead I got a reject email 2 days later with no explanation. There are some hidden agendas they have not told you about! :(

Interview Questions

• They are standard behavior questions! You can "google" them under the title "behavior interview".   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TECO Energy (Tampa, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

Day 1 - Applied on-line and attached resume. Very easy application process. Received an email within a couple weeks stating that I will be moving to the first step of the process. This first step is an on-line assessment (Mostly personality questions) which took about an hour. If you pass this you will be selected to go to the next phase which is a skills test in their Call Center. They grade the skills test right away and if you pass that, you will go directly into a panel interview. I had 3 people, two from the department and one from HR. All the questions needed to be answered in the STAR format... Situation or Task, Action, then Result. Had at least 10 different questions and it took about an hour. I left feeling good and did in fact receive a call within a couple days with a job offer. Came in about 2 days later to sign paperwork, including that all the answers to the questions in the application I had filled out initially were truthful. They reiterated that we need to make sure that we listed any and all convictions, Felony or Misdemeanor, and sign the application. I was told to go back 7 years, which I had done originally and listed 3 misdemeanors I had. These were known BEFORE I was offered the job so I felt pretty confident that nothing could go wrong. I was floored when the job was rescinded after they did their background check and saw a few other misdemeanors I had 10-20 yrs ago. Overall very easy hiring process but beware that they will probably go back 20 yrs or so on your background.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to request help or assistance on a project or assignment.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to face a co-worker who wasn't pulling their own weight.   Answer Question