TEGNA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TEGNA Interview Questions

Interviews at TEGNA

3.1

Advertising Sales Interview

Interview

Basic phone screen on Skype. I wore a suit and tie and the interviewer was in sweat pants looking down at the screen. The worst first interview ever. Although I was not a fit the position the interviewer was as if she was just out of college with no experience, no ability to connect or relate to people in general. Tegna is a great company but based on this experience I would never apply for another position. Very disappointed with the quality of the interviewer. The position was for a local station not national position. At the end of interviews about 50% of the time I will reapply for other jobs even if no fit for that position. For Tegna that is not even a consideration for me. Yes. It was that bad. She could not even define the products I would be selling or the geographical limits if the territory.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEGNA (Remote, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

I went through two separate interviews. One was over the phone and the other was via Skype. The women who interviewed me were very pleasant. It wasn't an intimidating interview process at all.

Interview Questions

• Did I have experience with marketing analytics software?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEGNA in October 2016.

Interview

Several phone interviews followed by in person interviews. Process was straightforward with standard questions. The team was very honest and upfront about the changes going on within the company.

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at TEGNA in January 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter and we set up a Skype interview. Pretty basic questions for a sales role. She told me I'd be moving onto the next round with the hiring manager. I was then contacted by an assistant to set up another Skype interview since i lived out of state. Again pretty basic sales questions. Was told they were very impressed and I'd hear from them soon. Very positive feedback. After reaching out to them multiple times in the following month I finally heard back from the recruiter to hear that I didn't have as much experience as they were hoping for. I had twice the amount of experience they listed as required on their posting. Made for a very negative experience overall.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEGNA in June 2017.

Interview

First, there is an introductory interview, then you go on to a more formal interview. It is important to follow up with whoever you interviewed with, they are looking for people to stay in contact with them.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TEGNA (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very casual and informal. I came into the office and met with the hiring manager who was a great guy and very relaxed. He told me honestly about the pros and cons of the business and asked me a lot of very genuine questions about what I was looking for. It was a great experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Where have you worked before and what was that like.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TEGNA in May 2018.

Interview

Very easy, have to be able to talk and show you're determined to do the job. If you are organized and don't mind a slow pace it's a good job.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEGNA (McLean, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Initial phone call with recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager/VP. Last was an invitation to come to the headquarters for in-person interviews with panels of 2 interviewers at a time (mostly Directors, VPs, and other Senior Leadership). I interviewed with a total of 8 people that day, and it took approximately 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• The one question that kept coming up was, "what do you think will be your biggest hurdle starting out here?" Other questions were related to how I communicate with cross functional teams, how I prioritize tasks, would I be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate anything; I was content with their offer.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TEGNA (McLean, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Started with 2 phone screens. I spoke to my direct manager and his boss. Then had one in person interview where I met with the team lead and the VP of technology. Background and drug test.

Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEGNA in April 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview/screening and one week later I was contacted and invited to participate in the next step which was a 90 minute segment sample test.