TESSCO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TESSCO Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2017

2.5

Customer Welcome Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TESSCO.

Interview

I applied and quickly received an email to set up an interview. I have never written a review before but compelled to since this was by far the least professional experience I've had. The recruiter set up time for a call, which as I assume most applicants do I lightly prepared for. This means spending time reading reviews, going over the role and the company etc.

The recruiter called me spoke at me a million miles an hour and within 4 minutes told me this was not a fit. It was rude and unprofessional to say the least. I assume she has a quota of calls per day to fill. She should have been able to tell that it was not a fit and alternatively could have asked one or two questions via email to decipher. I would not even consider this company in the future.

Welcome Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TESSCO (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

Easy, forward and in depth. Very active with a shadowing time frame involved. Friendly and comfortable. Would recommend to anyone! Laid back atmosphere which really allows you to see what kind of company you are working with.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for with a company   1 Answer

Customer Welcome Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TESSCO (Baltimore, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a very thorough process. I had to do 2 in-person interviews before getting the job offer. The first interview was one on one. The second was a group interview with three different people in the room. The whole process took about 3 to 4 weeks

Customer Welcome Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TESSCO in March 2016.

Interview

Applied on line, email from recruiter the same day requesting a phone call. Agreed on a date and time for a call. Recruiter did NOT call when scheduled. Thirty minutes after scheduled appointment received an email from recruiter asking to reschedule. Again agreed upon a new time for a call and recruiter was then late for that call. Very unprofessional from the start!

Clearly the recruiter ( who is brand new ) was reading from a script. Knew very little about the job. She was abrasive, unprofessional, and quite rude. I was asked questions about things on my resume that made it clear she was unprepared and obviously reading it for the first time. Things like so I see you're in school,,,,my resume clearly states my education is completed and I hold a degree. Her description of the job directly contradicted the job description itself. This recruiter again was unprepared and it was such a bad representation of the organization.

Interview Questions

• How much were you making in your last job?   1 Answer

Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TESSCO (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

long.... 5 different interviews with various leaders all the way up to VP level. The interview process is long because Tessco wants to be certain you are not only capable of doing the job but you are the right culture fit within the company. This company really knows how to find like minded individuals.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about a sale?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I went through a staffing agency so it was a bit different.. It would be based on exp... Start high and it will level out

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TESSCO in December 2015.

Interview

Frustrating, applied for one job but was told I was being considered for other jobs. It was never clear what I was interviewing for.
    I was told I wasn't offered the job because I asked too many "negative" questions about things I read about on Glassdoor. All those "negatives" were actually confirmed during the interview, so I wasn't asking about anything wrong. They said I should have asked more about the culture. I think that meant I should have asked more questions about why Tessco is so great and not about negatives (that are mentioned in 80% of the reviews here).
    I found out later that while I interviewed with people from a lot of groups all of them said they thought I was very qualified but they didn't have an opening. HR told me there were 8 openings, but on the side I heard none of the individual groups had one. Seems like a huge disconnect somewhere.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or hard to answer at all, just review your resume type stuff.   Answer Question

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TESSCO (Baltimore, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very unprofessional and done over the phone for the most part. From what I have gathered they hire and fire quite frequently. I found this out later in the process than I would have liked.

Interview Questions

• How did you find out about TESSCO   1 Answer

I had another company that I felt more secure with and offered me a better future.

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Timonium, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at TESSCO (Timonium, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

They work with recruiting agencies often. First step is a phone interview then an in person interview. They seemed fairly desperate and like they were trying to sell the place when I interviewed. It was easy.

Interview Questions

• Did you receive bonuses at your last place of employment?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pikesville, MD

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TESSCO (Pikesville, MD).

Interview

There was an in person interview with Megan McIntyre. She asked in an email when I would have availability to speak and I told her two days from now and arrived with a resume and fully dressed in a suit. Apparently a recruiter does not know how to communicate the difference between a telephone interview and an in person interview. I was late to my sisters graduation because of this interview and she seemed very busy with other aspects of her life by checking her phone while asking me questions. I got an email from Megan saying they decided to move forward with another candidate. Based on her professionalism I am very glad I did not move forward with this company. It seems that there needs to be serious reform from the ground up. Good luck!

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at TESSCO (Reno, NV).

Interview

I met w/ 3 key managers simultaneously for about 40 minutes. We reviewed my resume & I pointed out the duties I've completed in the past that would help me create an Office Manager position within the start up company.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell us about yourself?   1 Answer